Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2011, 07:13 PM

7 posts, read 18,581 times

Advertisements

Hi All

I am planning on moving to Richmond next month. I'll be working off of the Tuckahoe Creek Parkway exit on VA-288 (Carmax/Capital One exit).

I'm seeking to balance the cost of rent with a reasonable level of apartment quality and safety. For example, I don't need a "luxury" apartment that could run $1300 plus for a 2 br around Short Pump. But I don't want a place that is super run down, prone to vandalism, and crime-ridden even if rent is under $700 for a 2 br.

Thoughts about the following?

1) Living off of Patterson Ave. anywhere between Lauderdale Dr. and Parham Rd. There are plenty of 2 br apts for mid $800s or less. I understand that some complexes may be older (which is ok), but hopefully I can steer clear of the trouble. How far east is too far into the city? Anything to be aware of
Examples include: Westmoreland Square near Patterson & Lauderdale ($874), and Westbriar, near Patterson & Parham ($734).

2) Living closer into the city, off of Three Chopt Rd. near Parham Rd. and Forest Ave.
Examples include: Three Chopt Apts ($774) and Honey Tree ($840-975) near Three Chopt & Forest Rd.

3) Living near Broad St. / Gaskins Rd. / Springfield Rd. by Westpark Center.
Examples include: Harbor Village ($860-945) and Westbury Apts ($800-$850)

4) Living closer into the city, off of Broad St.
Examples include: London Towne ($652-$766) by Broad & Parham and Bremner Woods ($680-$865) near Broad & Wistar.

Older places are fine if they are well-kept and clean. If there's no way that I'll find a safe 2 br apartment for under $900, then I'll be glad to crank up the budget, post some more possibilities, then look forward to your suggestions again Of course, any other thoughts or suggestions will also be appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 02:29 AM

2,697 posts, read 8,693,412 times
Patterson would be my last choice. Of course it's all relative to what you're used to and comfortable with. I don't think finding a 2 bedroom in a safe area under $900 should be any issue, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond