U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-20-2011, 07:19 PM

17 posts, read 40,311 times

Advertisements

I have finally sold my home and am looking to move to Chesterfield county. I have already explored many neighborhoods and know that I like the older established neighborhoods such as Stonehenge, Bexley, Salisbury, Woodlake, the more expensive sections of Brandermill, Woodland Pond and just about any place with larger lots and trees. The problem I am having is that I know just about every home available and the ones that suit my needs best i find overpriced or just can't afford. I am posting here as kind of a last resort after looking at about 4 dozen homes with various realtors. I would love to find someone looking to sell who hasn't signed with a realtor yet or if they want to work with a realtor that's fine to. maybe someone reading this knows someone. the home should be between 3200 and 3600 square feet and willing to sell at assessment or below ( a check of the tax records shows that most homes nowadays are selling below assessment in Chesterfield county) My home closes June 30th and i am pre-approved for my next home. please let me know ,Thanks, James
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2011, 03:30 AM

2,433 posts, read 5,381,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hampersnow View Post
I have finally sold my home and am looking to move to Chesterfield county. I have already explored many neighborhoods and know that I like the older established neighborhoods such as Stonehenge, Bexley, Salisbury, Woodlake, the more expensive sections of Brandermill, Woodland Pond and just about any place with larger lots and trees. The problem I am having is that I know just about every home available and the ones that suit my needs best i find overpriced or just can't afford. I am posting here as kind of a last resort after looking at about 4 dozen homes with various realtors. I would love to find someone looking to sell who hasn't signed with a realtor yet or if they want to work with a realtor that's fine to. maybe someone reading this knows someone. the home should be between 3200 and 3600 square feet and willing to sell at assessment or below ( a check of the tax records shows that most homes nowadays are selling below assessment in Chesterfield county) My home closes June 30th and i am pre-approved for my next home. please let me know ,Thanks, James
You are looking to find a needle in a hay stack. Richmond CD doesn't have a ton of users, but you are hoping to find one who lives in CHesterfield Co. with a home btwn 3200 and 3600 square feet that is looking to sell and close in about a month without any realtors facilitating the transaction. It doesn't hurt to ask, but this seems improbable to say the least. If you looked at 50 homes with various realtors, my guess is you are unrealistic about what you can get for your money and need to adjust expectations. Maybe you should rent for a while after you relocate and try to buy on a more relaxed schedule--that might help you find a good deal. Chesterfield led the state recently in foreclosures according to realtytrac so if you are patient you might fall into something.

Old 05-23-2011, 01:14 AM

4,356 posts, read 1,776,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sls76 View Post
Chesterfield led the state recently in foreclosures according to realtytrac so if you are patient you might fall into something.
Which actually turned out to be false.
An article came out on that very topic last week in the Chesterfield Observer.

The explanations for the misleading numbers are towards the bottom of the article.

County reports drop in foreclosures | www.chesterfieldobserver.com | Chesterfield Observer

Old 06-21-2011, 12:11 PM

17 posts, read 15,011 times
Default Chesterfield home

I am selling my home in Chesterfield. This one is located in Physic Hill. We bought it new in 74 and maintained well. Large backyard, lots of parking and generally was the most xpensive home in this neighborhood in 74. Very stable community, no crime known and most owners here have been living here as long as we have except for some additional homes that were built about 8-10 years ago . It is very woodsy and ours is a caroner lot in a culdesac.
You probably bought a house by now. Ours was put on the market a month ago. Oh, it is 2500 sf and you want a bigger one. Brandermill came about the same time as ours but these homes are too dark, surrounded by too many trees and ther have been problems in Brandermill with shrink soil in the past. Good Luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond