Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 08:16 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,535,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eloyfan View Post
That is right. And if you haven't yet heard, the National Cathedral has suffered "significant" damage from the quake. God needs to focus better and not get so reckless with his houses of worship.

I have been to some of the greatest cathedrals in the world and am totally enthralled by them. Strictly for their architectural genius and incomparable craftsmanship. The National Cathedral is priceless. I hope they can totally mend it.
Last time I visited, what had started out as an Episcopal Cathedral had morphed into a spiritual no-man's land. I'm not so sure it's God's house of worship. I have heard it referred to as the nation's spiritual home. I certainly hope not. (But I love it architecturally.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 06:02 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,160,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Editorialist View Post
How many more times must God increase the weather violence and earthquake activity in this country to get our attention to the fact He is mad at this nation and its people for turning away from Him and His moral laws.

The earthquake of today measuring 5.9 occurring in my own state of Virginia was one of the largest to be recorded here and to me is another warning of God's impending judgment on this nation for its continued acts of abomination against Him. And the fact it shook up Washington, D. C. (District of Corruption) should send a clear message to those who run our government, Washington, D. C. is in God's cross hairs and the next one might level that city to the ground. What happened to Sodom and Gomorrah can happen to Washington, D. C.

The warnings of Jeremiah Wright and Westboro Baptist Church (whether you agree with them or not) are zeroing on the reasons this nation is experiencing His wrath through the examples mentioned above. When people say God Bless America it becomes an odious stench in His nostrils and a resounding smack in His Divine face. How in the name of heaven do we have the audacity to ask Him to bless us when we do everything that would cause Him to punish, curse or damn us rather than bless us.

I plead with the people of this nation to realize we have an angry God and to avoid His total wrath, we need to get on our knees, ask forgiveness and repent of our evil ways. God hates sin period. He will not put up with it forever. This is no joke and if the people can't see how bad our weather is becoming and understand that it is a spiritual matter and not a mere natural one causing the problem they are beyond help.

Please stop insulting God by asking Him to bless a nation that deserves His wrath rather than blessing. It is time to say God Save America before it is too late. Please give God a reason to bless America by turning back to Him and His moral laws. Until you do He will continue to reign down damnation, judgment and wrath.
Ding ding ding we have a winner!!!! Dumbest post on the forum... congrats!!

Old 08-28-2011, 05:38 AM

1,812 posts, read 4,221,585 times
Editorialist needs to go back to his bible and read passages about not being judgmental. His deity does not need him as a spokesperson.

This earthquake damaged many Christian churches in Louisa County. The almighty needs to work on his "aim" more.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:29 PM

74 posts, read 78,745 times
Default Cause of Earthquake, Spiritual

Following up on my editorial, I see Michelle Bachmann agreed with me but then backed down. Well here is what I told her in an e-mail to her office:

"Ms. Michelle Bachmann
U. S. House of Representatives
Washington, D. C.

Dear Ms. Bachmann:

Can't any of you people, including John Boehner, stand up for what you say or believe without having to either backtrack or apologize for your comments.

You said you felt that the recent earthquake and hurricane were a method God was using to get America's attention but then recanted that statement when you got considerable flack.

Well Ms. Bachmann I finally agree with you on an issue. You are right. God indeed is mad at America for turning away from Him and His moral laws and HAS SENT THIS EARTHQUAKE, HURRICANE AND OTHER WEATHER CATASTROPHIES UPON THIS NATION NOT ONLY AS A WARNING BUT AN OUTPOURING OF HIS JUDGMENT ON AMERICA FOR SUPPORTING SEVERAL OF THE ABOMINATIONS WHICH HE HATES SUCH AS HOMOSEXUALITY, ADULTERY, FORNICATION, ABORTION, LYING, MISTREATMENT OF THE POOR, WIDOW AND ORPHAN, ETC.

I have passed these comments to Mayor Bloomberg, Mr. Obama, mayors of San Francisco, governor of California AND EVEN CALLED MR. OBAMA AN OUTRIGHT LIAR TO HIS FACE IN E-MAILS AND FAXES AND I WILL NOT BACK DOWN NOR APOLOGIZE.

Because of your weaknee reaction and your disregarding the Constitution which only allows men to run for Federally elected public office I will not vote for you for President.

Sincerely,"

Instead of criticizing my stand why don't you try a little bit of repentance and see what happens?

Old 08-31-2011, 05:07 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,347,352 times
Quote:
why don't you try a little bit of repentance and see what happens?
Repentance: to feel regret.

Well, I regret reading your above post...

Old 08-31-2011, 06:08 AM

2,697 posts, read 8,696,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
Repentance: to feel regret.

Well, I regret reading your above post...
I regret that this silly post is in the Richmond forum. It belongs in the religion or politics forum. I also regret that a loud mouthed minority attempt to hijack Christianity.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:42 AM

1,799 posts, read 6,316,533 times
Wow, so this wasn't satire... you're just out of your mind. Poor curmudgeon...

Old 08-31-2011, 11:08 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,997,570 times
Editorialist wrote:
Well Ms. Bachmann I finally agree with you on an issue. You are right. God indeed is mad at America for turning away from Him and His moral laws and HAS SENT THIS EARTHQUAKE, HURRICANE AND OTHER WEATHER CATASTROPHIES UPON THIS NATION NOT ONLY AS A WARNING BUT AN OUTPOURING OF HIS JUDGMENT ON AMERICA FOR SUPPORTING SEVERAL OF THE ABOMINATIONS WHICH HE HATES SUCH AS HOMOSEXUALITY, ADULTERY, FORNICATION, ABORTION, LYING, MISTREATMENT OF THE POOR, WIDOW AND ORPHAN, ETC.

Once again, you are projecting your own human weaknesses ( judgement, hating, getting mad ) upon a spiritual entity that is not likely to stoop to such a low level of behaviour. Then you assume that this spiritual entity is still limited to being one gender or another. IMO, your concept of God seems to be that of a limited, male, human being in an adolescent stage of development. I'm curious to know how you formed such a concept.

Old 08-31-2011, 06:48 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,088,442 times
Quote:
Following up on my editorial, I see Michelle Bachmann agreed with me but then backed down. Well here is what I told her in an e-mail to her office:

"Ms. Michelle Bachmann
U. S. House of Representatives
Washington, D. C.

Dear Ms. Bachmann:

Can't any of you people, including John Boehner, stand up for what you say or believe without having to either backtrack or apologize for your comments.

You said you felt that the recent earthquake and hurricane were a method God was using to get America's attention but then recanted that statement when you got considerable flack.

I have passed these comments to Mayor Bloomberg, Mr. Obama, mayors of San Francisco, governor of California AND EVEN CALLED MR. OBAMA AN OUTRIGHT LIAR TO HIS FACE IN E-MAILS AND FAXES AND I WILL NOT BACK DOWN NOR APOLOGIZE.

Because of your weaknee reaction and your disregarding the Constitution which only allows men to run for Federally elected public office I will not vote for you for President.

Sincerely,"

Instead of criticizing my stand why don't you try a little bit of repentance and see what happens?
Why don't you try a little modesty and reserve? Let others want to emulate your beliefs by how you conduct yourself...

Most people don't want to be a judgmental a** of others...

Old 08-31-2011, 07:37 PM

2,697 posts, read 8,696,511 times
I believe the OP would fit in well with the Pharisees of Jesus' day.

"The Pharisee, standing by himself, prayed thus: 'God, I thank you that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get.'" Luke 18:11-12
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond