Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 01:03 PM

743 posts, read 3,900,635 times

Advertisements

Like I said, I live in Ladysmith Village, and I get full signal in my basement even (With AT&T/Cingular). It really depends a lot on where you are on those back country roads. During your visit, if you don't get signal where you'd like, don't be discurraged, because there are plans to add 6 or more new cell towers throughout the county, to help get signal to the far-out areas.

If you're going to be around on October 20th, you should stop by Ladysmith Village for the Pumpkin Festival. (As I said in my other post) Carved in Newland Communities Nationwide
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2007, 08:57 PM

9 posts, read 19,426 times
Hi. i'm from the Fredericksburg Area. We will have 2 additional hospitals, in addition to a eatig disorder residential facility, 2 large outpatient type practices (not in medical field, so not sure what to call them. They employ at least one hundred people or up to 2x that.) Bowling Green has its own nursing home. Fredericksburg has 3 and a hospice. Bowling Green, although in Caroline, is adorable. It has 2 stoplights and a Main Street. (also a mediation center). It is not far from horse country - - Shenandoah is about 40 minutes from Fredericksburg. 20 minutes from official horse country (Rte. 29).

Caroline is pretty isolated - culturally, educationally, economically. However, the 'Burg is developing more of an art scene. All the surrounding areas are making an effort to build and strengthen the community with more community activities, groups, historical offerings, etc.

Old 09-25-2007, 09:40 PM

11 posts, read 30,525 times
Thank you both for the help! EricD- Wow! The Pumpkin Festival is a definite! We will be arriving just before then (hopefully!) and that sounds great! I love Fall and can't wait for the fall foliage! Thanks again! L

Old 09-26-2007, 10:58 PM

5 posts, read 12,102 times
I actually grew up in Caroline County, and I'm a nurse and used to work at St. Mary's Hospital. I loved growing up in Caroline even though I know it has changed alot in the past few years. I think it has grown alot which is probably not a bad thing for a couple in their 20's. Personally, I prefer Richmond over Fredericksburg. I loved working at St. Mary's. It is a very close knit community for a larger hospital, and if I could, I would be back there tomorrow. The fan district is alot of fun in Richmond also. Lots of bars and original shops if you're interested in that type of thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond