Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 01:55 PM

40 posts, read 88,997 times

Advertisements

Richmondpics-
I believe you and appreciate your insight. I think my issue is that I like Virginia so much that I am expecting everyone to be nice all of the time, which is not realistic. I have also been guilty of being a jack--s at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmondpics View Post
I'm sorry to beat a dead horse here, but I've experienced people like this everywhere. Some are kind, some are rude, some want it their way or the highway, some are more understanding of other's viewpoints...

I just don't get the part where this is exclusive of the "natives" or that there is a higher percentage of sensitive people in Virginia than elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 01:56 PM

40 posts, read 88,997 times
Ronyusa-
Thanks for your insight. I have not traveled as much as you so this puts it in perspective again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronyusa View Post
Best post in this thread. I completely agree. I have lived all over the East Coast (from Miami all the way to Syracuse and Boston) and noticed this everywhere. Even growing up in a completely different country in a totally different part of the world I noticed the same thing - some people are overly sensitive while some don't care. This is more of a "human nature" thing and not restricted to Virginia, the South or the USA for that matter.

Just my $0.02 !

Old 02-23-2012, 02:00 PM

696 posts, read 1,301,194 times
No problem Feelgood, I moved here myself in 2005 and had a little difficulty figuring things out at first, as in any other place when you are new, but over time I have met all kinds of people and made some really good friends. I have met a few "oversly sensitive" ones myself who are full of drama or feel easily insulted or take things too emotionally etc., just got to avoid them, that is all . Just keep looking and hang out in different circles, social groups, join various interest groups, activities etc. and at one point or another you are bound to meet with like-minded people.

Cheers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond