Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2006, 07:49 PM

33 posts, read 147,929 times

Advertisements

north of Richmond.Are those rural areas or cities?Is it nice to live there?
How is the school system? Do they have nice newer affordable communities to live in?(could be townhouses?) which subdivisions?
How is the traffic? are people friendly???

scared to move ,but wanting to ...
single mom asking..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2006, 05:21 PM

2 posts, read 6,010 times
GLen Allen is a part of the Burbs. Laurel doesn't exist as much in real life as it does on the map - but still part of the burbs.

I have lived in Richmond for a little over a year. The traffic isn't too bad and many people continue to move to the outer edges. We decided to live in the city and we are glad. I can ride my bike to work and I like the city people, even thou I grew up in Montana.

The thing that got under my skin in Richmond was the stratefied social classes and the conformity. Of course, it is just a general feel and many people break out of it.

People are friendly, but in the southern way, if you know what I mean. I have made some friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond