U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-10-2013, 08:56 AM

3 posts, read 1,531 times

Advertisements

Just moved in to henrico 2 days back and need help deciding school for a fourth grader and seventh grade boys. WE Looked at Gardens at Twin hickory to move into, with twin Hickory for elementary and Holman for middle school. Liked the place but didn't see any kids playing around maybe 'coz school is still going on. We were in chicago where kids had lots of friends to play with. I am still positive about gardens as the library & Ymca are close by. Am I doing the right choice of schools and where do I find summer programmes for the boys.
Any input is highly appreciated !!
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 10:00 AM

1,152 posts, read 1,421,652 times
Twin Hickory is a very nice area. There are no bad schools in western Henrico.

Old 06-10-2013, 10:35 AM

Thank you for the reply, was concerned as Holman was not rated in greatschool.org also where do i find summer programs coming under Henrico county, since the kids don't have any friends I would like to send them to some summer activities.

Old 06-10-2013, 01:55 PM

109 posts, read 114,905 times
Henrico Parks and Recreations had website which shows available summer programs.
Recreation & Parks | County of Henrico

Holman has only been open for 2 years, but it is fed from Shady Grove, Rivers Edge, and Twin Hickory. What I have learned from living out here is that parents wouldn't tolerate a bad school and be screaming for change if there was an issue!

Old 06-10-2013, 07:41 PM

Thanks for the info, looks like all the programs are full since registration started in April

Old 06-11-2013, 04:40 AM

2,433 posts, read 5,378,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkang View Post
Henrico Parks and Recreations had website which shows available summer programs.
Recreation & Parks | County of Henrico

Holman has only been open for 2 years, but it is fed from Shady Grove, Rivers Edge, and Twin Hickory. What I have learned from living out here is that parents wouldn't tolerate a bad school and be screaming for change if there was an issue!
Shady Grove feeds into Short Pump, not Holman. Next year a small group reassigned to SG will go to Holman. The majority will go to Short Pump which is significantly under capacity. Can't go wrong with Holman.

Twin Hickory is a great place for kids. You have the Y, the elementary school playground, the library, etc. all walkable. All the school assignments in Western Henrico are excellent IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond