Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 05:54 PM

867 posts, read 1,389,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJayCB View Post
Why do you believe Virginia is so superior to North Carolina? Honestly, I'm just so curious what aspects of North Carolina make you furious. Every time someone puts the two in the same sentence, you become furious. Seriously. I'm not a "Virginia groupie" if I'm interested in the state that lies an hour north of my home. I have family in Virginia, my ancestors originally settled in Virginia, and I've traveled around that state many times. Virginia was Confederate, nothing you can do to change that. Most people see it as an East Coast state, but many people still see as southern outside NOVA. Robert E. Lee is probably the most famous person to come out of Virginia after George Washington and Thomas Jefferson.
Why do you cling on to Virginias nutz so hard? Why are you soooo infatuated with the state? Its YOU...do you see me making a million threads trying to compare or link Virginia to yours or ANY state? NO. You do though. So, YOU think Virginia is superior... and I think YOU ARE a groupie because of it... and when people from YOUR state don't speak up or address your ridiculous antics it makes YOUR state look like a bunch of dkriders. Ive long ago said North Carolina was "alright"...YOU don't want to hear that though, that's not good enough...you want some kinda confirmation, validation or approval for your state...you act like you wont be satisfied until there is some national decree that North Carolina and Virginia are official butt buddies or something. We don't hold folks hands in The Commonwealth.

Robert Lee is the second famous Virginian to dumazz redneck hillbillies...not to know Thomas Jefferson or James Madison and Patrick Henry, shows WHY they would be dumbazz redneck hillbillies. The most popular Virginian I know is Pharrell Williams, Missy Elliot or maybe Trey Songz or Chris Brown. Yeah, its prolly Chris Brown. Your beloved confederacy came and went and is dead and deceased...you cant change THAT! Most people see Virginia as an East Coast state because IT IS an East Coast state, WTH, are you really in college?

How YOU do what YOU do and why YOU do it is what I take issue with...and you know why and what youre doing, that's why YOU do it. People from Virginia tell you the same thing I do...you ignore it...How many times these people gotta keep tellin you Richmond is not like Raleigh...NoVAs not like Raleigh...how many threads you gotta put youre groupieness on display? People startin to question "weird threads" you keep making even in your own state's forum. Now you trynna play dumb. GTFOH.

Last edited by 757Cities Southsider; 01-13-2015 at 07:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2015, 07:01 PM

799 posts, read 1,419,691 times
How important is all of this Confederate stuff in a city that is more than %50 black?? Most people in Richmond are not running around clinging on to this lol maybe a few rednecks and old timers, I know VA is a southern state but damn lol

Old 04-23-2015, 06:52 PM

2 posts, read 2,549 times
Is the Pope Catholic?

Old 04-23-2015, 06:54 PM

Nope he's the biggest gangster in the world lol

Old 05-01-2015, 03:09 PM

44 posts, read 190,923 times
While Richmond was once the capital of the Confederacy, its more of a Mid-Atlantic city today than southern. Richmond has a lot of southern history but that was 150 years ago. This is the 21st century.

Old 06-14-2016, 11:56 AM

150 posts, read 217,395 times
Richmond is fairly Southern. its just not the Deep South. My ancestors have been in the area for 11 generations. I don't think they would think its a Northeast city since they fought hard to keep the yankees out.

Old 06-14-2016, 11:57 AM

150 posts, read 217,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amg09 View Post
While Richmond was once the capital of the Confederacy, its more of a Mid-Atlantic city today than southern. Richmond has a lot of southern history but that was 150 years ago. This is the 21st century.

And what does 'Mid Atlantic" mean? Richmond is not the Deep South, but it is still very much a Southern city. I have been to Baltimore and Philadelphia and Richmond is not in tune at all with those cities.

Old 06-14-2016, 04:28 PM

RVA also is not in tune with Charlotte, Raleigh and ATL, and Richmond is in tune with D.C.

Old 06-15-2016, 08:56 AM

626 posts, read 377,923 times
Hey y'all. I was born in Richmond and have been raised/spent my whole life here. I would say Richmond is a lightly traditional southern city. For example, lots of schools,roads,parks,etc are named after Confederates, rebels, and Civil War leaders. Sunday mornings the city seems much more quiet (because a lot of people are at church) and there is a general sense of respect for the history of the city and for the southern culture.

But I think that this culture is slowly going away. The younger generation has pretty much no accent, my parents are from NC and I'm told a lot that my accent is much different than my friends. We go to Raleigh a lot and I would say that at least the part of Richmond I am from is more similar to Raleigh then it would be to a more mid Atlantic city like DC.

Old 06-15-2016, 11:53 AM

1,513 posts, read 2,759,302 times
The city of Richmond is simply not southern. Amazing how people can't grasp change - was southern doesn't mean still southern. Chesterfield county is a bit, Henrico not so much.

A bit of hanging out in all those places will make it abundantly clear to anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond