Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 03:12 PM

633 posts, read 1,012,402 times

Advertisements

Gorgeous and you can build from 330k. Some existing for sale too. We drove around that community again this weekend, driving to a few different places, checking commuting times, etc. Super convenient because it is at the end of 76. We chatted with some of the residents who were out and about with their dogs and kids, super friendly and nice. I did not hear one negative. A very strong contender for us.

They are breaking ground on their amenity center, which is supposed to be ready in spring 2015. There is also a great little convenience store and gas station right near the main entrance which is great for picking up milk, etc., or getting gas on the way home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2014, 07:54 PM

10 posts, read 20,219 times
anyone know anything about The Grove? How is the area for a family with 2 small kids? Looking to stay around $300 or below

Old 10-27-2014, 10:43 AM

418 posts, read 1,048,784 times
The Grove is a great area. Convenient to the Library, the Y, shopping. Very walkable. Great schools.

Old 10-27-2014, 12:21 PM

21 posts, read 47,688 times
Oh my gosh, thank you!! What were the residents saying about RounTrey specifically? Were there young families? My kids are 3 months, 2 and just turned 4. I'm hoping for other young kids who like to play outdoors. I'm so glad to hear about the amenities, because I was wondering when they would begin. What else is around that part of town? Does it seem convenient to everything?

What's the Grove? Is it new construction? And where?

Old 10-27-2014, 04:14 PM

633 posts, read 1,012,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie.ct View Post
Oh my gosh, thank you!! What were the residents saying about RounTrey specifically? Were there young families? My kids are 3 months, 2 and just turned 4. I'm hoping for other young kids who like to play outdoors. I'm so glad to hear about the amenities, because I was wondering when they would begin. What else is around that part of town? Does it seem convenient to everything?

What's the Grove? Is it new construction? And where?
About RounTrey, very friendly neighborhood and lots of kids - small babies pushed around in strollers and other kids playing with their dad on the lawn, I'm guessing under 10 years old. Lots of cars and balloons at one house, I think a child's bd party... saw a huge blow up castle on one lawn, another bd party... you should drive around on a Saturday.

Right at the end of 76.... in between everything. There is a Food Lion on Genito about 3 or 4 miles from the community. I also think there are other shopping options, I've just been looking around a bit. Pretty much we've decided on RounTrey, though.

Old 10-27-2014, 07:21 PM

21 posts, read 47,688 times
Thank you so much. We've only been up to Richmond for one weekend. My husband will likely start working up there next month, and I'll come in January with the kids. We will probably rent while trying to decide on area and neighborhood to build so any help toward finding our forever home is much appreciated. Sounds like we could be neighbors in the future :-)

Old 10-28-2014, 07:03 PM

689 posts, read 1,615,640 times
ellie, Rountrey is full of families with kids, as is the whole area. Excellent schools, too. And really beautiful homes, IMO. I don't think you can go wrong. We live across the street from the Grove, and are thrilled with Watkins Elementary. It is really big, but never feels like it -- they go to great lengths to make sure the kids have a great experience. I wish I liked the Grove better, but to me it doesn't have the same neighborhood feel as rountrey and some of the other developments. We don't want to move out of Watkins, so we've looked at a bunch of houses in the Grove, and they seem to be big just for the sake of being big. That being said, the people I know who live in the Grove like it, and it has a neighborhood pool. It seems to have older kids, as it was developed about 15-20 years ago, and young families moved in then. It should start turning over now, and I'm guessing the people moving in are younger families, but I don't know for sure. But the location can't be beat -- so convenient. We're 2 minutes to school and the library, and the Y, and 5 to almost all the shopping you need.

Old 01-25-2016, 08:49 PM

2 posts, read 1,835 times
Default apartment rentals for young retirees?

Hubby and I will be moving to Henrico or Chesterfield within the next 6 months. We've sold our home in Charlottesville and would like to rent an apartment in either of these areas. We like the Trails at Short Pump or Belvedere in Midlothian. Any thoughts on either of these? Or suggestions for other apartment rental for over 55 folks who are still active?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond