Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2016, 07:22 PM

3 posts, read 2,366 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am getting married really soon and I am really afraid of looking for a new church home. My soon to be husband belongs to a church that I am NOT going to join. I have visited it and it is NOT for me. He told me when the time come he would be willing to move from his current church if GOD tells him but right now he is complacent. This is an issue for me. I am a licensed, ordained minister. I currently belong to a Baptist Church (non-traditional). I love my church and it has been perfect fit for the past 10 yrs. I am not going to give up my calling as an Evangelist so please advise of any churches that you may think would be a good fit. Any denomination as long as the spirit of God is allowed to move freely. I love to worship and praise God! Music is not major but also lays a small factor in my decision. I DON'T want to beat a MEGA church but rather a family oriented church with good family and community relations where the Pastor has a heart to serve the people! Meaning to lead them by being led by the Holy Spirit!! Thanks in Advance for all your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2016, 05:30 PM

1,949 posts, read 4,421,654 times
St Michaels on Springfield rd in Glen Allen. Real nice place, awesome people, a little modern compared to what I'm used to, but when I moved here from out of state I did some hunting around and it's a really nice place, bright, upbeat and I'm not easy to please. I'd be lying if I said I was in there every Sunday, but I'd definitely recommend it. When me and my wife joined we were amazed how awesome the people there were, tons of people joining from all over, even a handful of Indian people which was kinda cool, pretty sure Indians aren't typically part of Christian denominations but I guess that's how awesome my place is, haha.

Old 08-17-2016, 01:10 AM

Awesome, thank you so very much!! I'll be sure to check it out!

Old 08-17-2016, 07:07 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,085,392 times
Please realize St Michaels is a Catholic Church and as such it probably will not match with your evangelical/Christian ideology.

Old 08-17-2016, 02:37 PM

1,949 posts, read 4,421,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Please realize St Michaels is a Catholic Church and as such it probably will not match with your evangelical/Christian ideology.

OK, Either one of you (or somebody new) school me on this. Don't like to hijack but this is the right thread for it, So I've noticed since moving here some people just call themselves "Christians" which never made sense to me since Catholics, Protestants, Methodists, Lutherans and many more etc are all Christians so I assumed they just went to non denominational churches or something so they really weren't part of an actual religion, but just following the book. Is that not the case? I'm starting to feel people mean something else when they say that.

Old 08-17-2016, 04:35 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,085,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snatale1 View Post
OK, Either one of you (or somebody new) school me on this. Don't like to hijack but this is the right thread for it, So I've noticed since moving here some people just call themselves "Christians" which never made sense to me since Catholics, Protestants, Methodists, Lutherans and many more etc are all Christians so I assumed they just went to non denominational churches or something so they really weren't part of an actual religion, but just following the book. Is that not the case? I'm starting to feel people mean something else when they say that.
Christian, at least in the local usage normal is expressed by those of a strong religious spirit who usually associate with the Baptist affiliated church's and to a lesser extent Methodist churches. The evangelical spirit is not restricted to these two group just most prevalent. You are right those who accept JC are Christians.

I wrote what I did because the Catholic faith has a leadership hierarchy and standardized worship services it also restricts certain practices only to those who are members. Historically those who expound they are Christian do not agree/accept the Catholic Church's practices of course none of them accept the Mormons so everyone has someone to hate. As the OP expressed " I am not going to give up my calling as an Evangelist" I though it doubtful they would want to attend St Michaels an RC church no matter how "the spirit of God is allowed to move freely" there.

Old 11-05-2016, 05:12 AM

I knew what the church was and thank you for your response as I was really serious in my quest for a church my reply was with a bit of sarcasm since I discerned the person who responded was trying too in "my personal opinion" redirect how "I" phrased my post. I knew exactly what I meant to say and I do call myself a "Christian" and what your belief and how you label yourself is your right! While I have nothing personal against the Catholic Faith it is not a fit for me! While I didn't come here looking for redirection but rather a place to worship I found an opportunity to use this as a teachable moment!
Thank you for you responses , but I found a rather blessed place to worship! I just love it!
God Bless, Lynn
PS: some people will make great Politicians!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
View detailed profiles of: