U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2016, 12:00 PM

388 posts, read 297,092 times

Advertisements

A fully automated, coin-operated car vending machine is coming to the site next to Tom Leonard's Farmer's Market in Short Pump. CARVANA's 71ft machine will be visible from I-64, only minutes down the road from CarMax's corporate headquarters. A similar machine was built in Nashville and others will be under construction in Austin, Dallas and Houston.

Six-story ‘car vending machine’ proposed in Short Pump

If ever there were a problem that didn't really need a solution...But it's still pretty cool!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnHaPVP-opw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2016, 05:53 PM

1,392 posts, read 1,956,750 times
"If ever there were a problem that didn't really need a solution".....no....this is part of the solution to the painful process of buying a car via a dealer. Try it next time, you may swear off car lots like we have just done. After several wasted trips to car lots, dealing with your run of the mill car sales people, we started shopping on line, CarMax and others...we ended up at Carvana....what a wonderful, refreshing experience. All shopping and business transactions are taken care of online, your chosen car is delivered to you (or you can pick it up at the kiosk) in a few days, you give the car a try, accept or reject. Accepting means you sign some papers the driver presents to you....and you have 7 days to try the car...don't like it, they will retrieve it, and you can start over. Carvana takes care of all paperwork, registration and all. None of the back and forth banter between you, the sales person, the boss and the finance manager....all of whom are paid to extract the very last dime out of you, leaving you with a bad taste for the whole process.

We will never shop at a car dealer, aptly referred to as a "stealer" again.

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 09-11-2016, 08:14 AM

10,786 posts, read 15,529,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquest1 View Post
A fully automated, coin-operated car vending machine is coming to the site next to Tom Leonard's Farmer's Market in Short Pump. CARVANA's 71ft machine will be visible from I-64, only minutes down the road from CarMax's corporate headquarters. A similar machine was built in Nashville and others will be under construction in Austin, Dallas and Houston.

Six-story ‘car vending machine’ proposed in Short Pump
I like the business model for selling cars, but I don't like the architecture. That 6-story glass tower is offensive in a city that values traditional architecture. Maybe they could moderate the glass with brick arches to make it fit in better.

Old 09-12-2016, 06:55 AM

78 posts, read 54,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
I like the business model for selling cars, but I don't like the architecture. That 6-story glass tower is offensive in a city that values traditional architecture. Maybe they could moderate the glass with brick arches to make it fit in better.
I wouldn't really call Short Pump the city, and I wouldn't really say that Short Pump values any kind of architecture in particular. I'd agree with you if this were being installed at, say, Libbie and Grove, but I don't think it's out of place in Short Pump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond