Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2008, 05:52 PM

8 posts, read 18,263 times

Advertisements

I am about to graduate college in May and might have a great job opportunity in Richmond. I do not know anything about the city but I have heard good things. I don't know what to do. Any opinions on a single young male moving to Richmond? I heard it's a good city for single young people, but my source might not be that good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2008, 06:38 PM

1,799 posts, read 6,314,203 times
The Fan neighborhood is fun for single people...

Old 02-26-2008, 10:22 PM

8 posts, read 18,263 times
are there good bars and good opportunities to meet new people?

Old 02-27-2008, 02:51 PM

96 posts, read 385,692 times
yes, definatley look to live in the fan...lots of young folks, historic setting, cool places to eat and drink..plus 30K + college students at VCU; Lived in the fan for most of my
20s and loved it; trust me, it will not take long to get to know folks, enjoy...

Old 03-04-2008, 08:14 AM

14 posts, read 54,523 times
Default The Fan

WillV is right. If I were young and single I would live in the fan without question. the joint rocks!

Old 03-10-2008, 06:49 AM

102 posts, read 406,022 times
I agree with the others. For a young single person, the Fan is the place to be. If you own a SUV or other large vehicle, sell it! The Fan is mainly made up of single row attached town type housing, so you can see the vehicular impact. In the Fan, you can walk or bike to just about anything you need. Try to find a garage to rent by the month to park your car, this way it will stay off the street.
UPTOWN, and Carytown are great places to find food and stores.

Old 03-27-2008, 02:52 PM

1 posts, read 2,615 times
Wink New Job in Richmond

Quote:
Originally Posted by relocating22 View Post
I am about to graduate college in May and might have a great job opportunity in Richmond. I do not know anything about the city but I have heard good things. I don't know what to do. Any opinions on a single young male moving to Richmond? I heard it's a good city for single young people, but my source might not be that good.

I'm moving to Richmond (May '08) and I've heard everything. The Short Pump experience I had last December let me already know that Short Pump was a snobbish and look down on minorities. The mall area is beautiful, however, the residents are rude and still give the dirty looks. I found it laughable since I spent the previous weekend with Pharrell Williams and friends in London. People are the same everywhere. Friendly and non-friendly.

Last edited by florine85; 03-27-2008 at 02:53 PM.. Reason: typing to fast.

Old 03-28-2008, 06:55 PM

11 posts, read 27,764 times
I'm going to agree with everyone else. If you are looking for a simple, fun, inexpensive, convenient, and friendly area - move to the Fan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
View detailed profiles of: