Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2018, 08:43 AM

57 posts, read 45,163 times

Advertisements

I’m a single mother of a middle schooler wanting to move from Massachusetts to Virginia. I hear great things about northern Virginia but I’m not sure which area would fit our needs.

I live in a liberal state but a very conservative suburb in MA. I prefer an area that is more liberal leaning and tolerant of people of different races. I’d like a pretty diverse area that is crime free or really low since we can’t avoid stupid people entirely.

My child is in private school so I’d prefer that but if I live in an area with A+ public schools then I’d consider that to save money.

I have an accounting degree so looking in that field. I’d love a gov’t Job but it’s not on top of the list.

I’m also looking at purchasing a home less than 350k and will most likely go with Ryan homes.

Last bit of info. We’re african American and prefer to be in a diverse area with professional A.A’s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2018, 07:43 PM

485 posts, read 683,953 times
I don't associate being liberal with being tolerant. Or conservative being intolerant. I have seen many liberals that are intolerant (they just like to disguise it better).

I believe both areas you are going to find on the conservative side. Fredericksburg has become more of a commuter city for DC so heavily influenced by the DC area. It is going to be more transient. Your going to have a lot of people who have just moved into area mixed with those that have lived there longer and used to it being more rural than it is today. As more mixed bag in Fredericksburg you are going to see more diversity.

I love Midlothian. It is a friendly community. It is conservative in general but as I said I do not know what that has to do with tolerance. There are many conservatives living in Midlothian of all races. Schools are excellent. You are going to see more diversity as you get closer to the Richmond City line (Bon Air comes to mind as more diverse area with advantage of Midlothian school). Not many new homes in that area since you appear to be looking for a new Ryan home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond