U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 08:51 AM

1 posts, read 10,582 times
Default stuggling single parent

Hi, Im a stugglig single parent in richmond and is looking to rent an apartment with no credit check. My credit isn't to great but I still need somewhere to live while I build up my credit. Please help if any one can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2008, 07:00 PM

449 posts, read 776,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoinette5482 View Post
Hi, Im a stugglig single parent in richmond and is looking to rent an apartment with no credit check. My credit isn't to great but I still need somewhere to live while I build up my credit. Please help if any one can.
I hope things work out for you. I was suprised to find out they did credit checks here on rentals, my credit is pretty good, not great, I was able to rent a house in the west end (I am also a single parent). A coworker was trying to rent and was denied because of her credit. I think she said they wanted at least a fico score of 625. Do you know your fico score? I think occasionally the Richmond paper will have rentals that do not require a credit check. Good luck. Have you condsidered a roommate type scenario?

Old 04-25-2009, 01:16 PM

2 posts, read 31,295 times
There sould be a law that apartment rentals can't go by credit because housing should be a right.

Old 04-25-2009, 03:09 PM

931 posts, read 2,549,900 times
I would try to find something in the fan area, managed by someone who lives in the fan area.

Old 04-26-2009, 08:52 PM

1,292 posts, read 2,874,293 times
How many bedrooms? You could try Andover Place.. but only if you have NO WHERE else to go!!

Have you already tried renting a house? There a lot of them! Keep an eye on craigslist they often have a few homes for rent for no credit check.

Last edited by Anders15; 04-26-2009 at 09:22 PM..

Old 04-26-2009, 09:19 PM

49 posts, read 97,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner4329 View Post
There sould be a law that apartment rentals can't go by credit because housing should be a right.
Housing should be a right but if you choose not to pay your bills on time or at all, then I think you should have to pay a fee or a higher deposit for a rental. If you have bad credit, generally you are a high risk for not paying your rent on time. Credit scores can tell a lot about how responsible someone is...it doesn't give the whole picture but it is important. I say pay your bills, don't run up the credit card and you will not have to worry about a bad credit score!

Old 04-26-2009, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmingtonmom View Post
Housing should be a right but if you choose not to pay your bills on time or at all, then I think you should have to pay a fee or a higher deposit for a rental. If you have bad credit, generally you are a high risk for not paying your rent on time. Credit scores can tell a lot about how responsible someone is...it doesn't give the whole picture but it is important. I say pay your bills, don't run up the credit card and you will not have to worry about a bad credit score!
Easier said than done..

Old 04-27-2009, 04:14 PM

49 posts, read 97,384 times
My family does it! We pay our house payment on time every month, We don't run up the credit card and we try to live within our means. I have a great credit score because I'm responsible. The only situation that would be understandable is if you couldn't pay your bills because of a medical issue or surgery. America is a consumerist nation- stop trying to keep up with the lastest $250 jeans, shop at walmart and learn to save money. It's not that hard to to cut back on spending, it's just that people don't want to do it-- I do hope the op finds a place. But if you have bad credit, 9 out of 10 times you probably got yourself there by not being responsible! That's why we need to make sure high school kids understand how important credit scores are...

Old 04-27-2009, 08:58 PM

Well that's great for you.

Old 05-03-2009, 12:29 PM

240 posts, read 357,099 times
Try to look at it from the landlords perspective. They have a mortgage to pay and can lose the property if they rent to a stiff. I would suggest that you try to sublet an apartment from someone trying to get out of a lease. Pay the rent on time, keep records and the next time will be much easier with a referral. Good luck and I hope things turn around for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond