Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2008, 10:51 PM

21,619 posts, read 31,202,923 times

Advertisements

Hi all.

Due to tragic circumstances, my friend of many years was had no choice but to move from CT to Richmond. Living all of her life in CT, and having never been to Richmond, she didn't know what to expect. She was scared and distraught. On Sunday, we packed a van and headed down.

On Monday, we drove around in the rain to get a feel for your city. We visited Cary Street and went to Galaxy Diner (mmm!), shopped a bit, drove downtown and along Monument Ave to take in the beautiful pieces of art. We wanted to go over the foot bridge but the weather was too bad.

I just want to tell you all that the friendliness, welcoming culture of your wonderful city has put my friend's mind at ease. Everyone we came across was incredibly friendly, always smiling and really seemed to genuinely care. The waitress at Galaxy actually sat down with us to give her some insight on the city! Instead of scared, she's now accepted Richmond as her new home and is looking forward to living amongst you great people. I know this may sound a bit corny, but it couldn't be more true. I just wanted to let you all know how lucky you are to be living in such a beautiful city.

I hope that none of our great CD members weren't injured or affected in any way by the severe weather. My thoughts are with you.

Take care of her for me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
View detailed profiles of: