Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2008, 02:25 PM

2 posts, read 5,258 times

Advertisements

HI,

I have a small income and don't want anything expense. I need a one bedroom that allows small dogs from $500 -$650.

Please let me know if I live within Richmond city limits, what neighborhoods are best?
Can I get a decent price on a one bedroom in the surrounding suburbs?

Here's a few neighborhoods, I've seen on the map....Clopin/Chestnut Hill/Brook Hill/Kings Wood Court/Lakeside/Washington Park/Ginter Park/Azalea/Brookbury/Highland Park....
Please don't concentrate on counties because it will just confuse me.

WHAT NEIGHBORHOODS OR MAJOR STREETS SHOULD I NOT EVEN STEP IN OR ACROSS?!

Thanks all.... :>

Last edited by Intention; 07-26-2008 at 02:46 PM.. Reason: More info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2008, 09:15 PM

50 posts, read 226,608 times
according to apartments.com you're out of luck.

you might want to research this more before moving

Old 07-27-2008, 06:15 PM

101 posts, read 311,650 times
Good Luck! I had a price range of 1100 a month and have to up it to 1300 a month and I'm still having a helluva time finding something. And its not that there isnt stuff there i think its the fact that I'm from out of town that makes people refuse to even consider. Maybe there are alot of bad tenants in the area that makes them reluclant?? IDK but this move is proving to be quite difficult.

Old 07-28-2008, 07:19 PM

273 posts, read 1,483,033 times
I think just about anywhere in a 25 mile radius of Ashland is fairly safe and pretty nice areas, however I really doubt you will find anything in that price range. You should plan on paying about 900 for a one bedroom apt. I am sure you can find something in the 800's but you will really have to look around.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:07 PM

57 posts, read 217,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intention View Post
HI,

I have a small income and don't want anything expense. I need a one bedroom that allows small dogs from $500 -$650.
Ashland itself has lot of older houses that might have guest houses/mother-in-law houses to rent. I agree that Craigslist is your best bet!

Old 07-29-2008, 07:21 PM

743 posts, read 3,899,713 times
A friend of mine rented a 2 bedroom townhome in Ashland a couple years ago, and I think he paid about $750. They had a pool and such too. It's off of Rt. 1, north of the Rt. 54 intersection, the second section of townhomes on the right. (the older ones)

I know it's a little over your pricerange, but it would be a bit larger too. You could even get a room mate to split the bills and rent with.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:57 AM

2 posts, read 5,258 times
I was able to find some apartments within my price.. Alot of them seem to be south of Richmond. I also check apartmentratings.com to see comments about the complexes that I have found. Anyone know of any decent apartments complexes south of Richmond that they would recommend? or some I should definitely avoid? *What about good complexes north and east Richmond? Any thing in the circle of I95-I295 and 64 that I should look at?

Thanks for the responses

P.s. I am considering room renting as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond