Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 03:13 PM

931 posts, read 3,803,215 times

Advertisements

I haven't found on yet.

It's really pathetic that Olive Garden wins in some polls as the best Italian Restaurant. Are there any good Italian restaurants in Richmond?

I went to this one place just the other day called Leonardo's. I think I could have made the same exact thing at home for about $2-3. Not to mention, it gave me explosive diarrhea.

I'm not looking for things like Maggiano's or a place for pizza. I'm just looking for good Italian dishes.

The only think I can think of is Frank's on Hugeunot Rd, but it is just so far away...

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2008, 05:38 PM

1,570 posts, read 4,618,382 times
Carinis on Williamsburg Road

Annas Itialian pizza on Mechanicsville Turnpike (hanover square shopping center)

Both a great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oleo View Post
I haven't found on yet.

It's really pathetic that Olive Garden wins in some polls as the best Italian Restaurant. Are there any good Italian restaurants in Richmond?

I went to this one place just the other day called Leonardo's. I think I could have made the same exact thing at home for about $2-3. Not to mention, it gave me explosive diarrhea.

I'm not looking for things like Maggiano's or a place for pizza. I'm just looking for good Italian dishes.

The only think I can think of is Frank's on Hugeunot Rd, but it is just so far away...

Thanks.

Old 12-01-2008, 07:51 PM

383 posts, read 1,016,744 times
Grapevine wins hands down in the Westend - corner of Cox and Three Chopt!!

Old 12-01-2008, 08:48 PM

1,222 posts, read 5,149,681 times
Lots of folks in my area like Cesare's (rhymes with Desiree) at the River's Bend shopping center on Route 10. Here is a link to an article on their recent expansion... Ristorante Cesare’s moves into a new building.

Old 12-02-2008, 07:22 AM

1,799 posts, read 6,316,533 times
La Grotta, Sensi, Mama Zu's (if you don't mind impatient service, this is great food) or its sister restaurant Edo's Squid. Olive Garden is garbage compared to these.

Old 12-04-2008, 02:52 PM

1,046 posts, read 4,896,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richmondpics View Post
La Grotta, Sensi, Mama Zu's (if you don't mind impatient service, this is great food) or its sister restaurant Edo's Squid. Olive Garden is garbage compared to these.
It's hard to disagree that Olive Garden's food is dismal. It's certainly not up to your list, all of which feature fresh-made food. Another spot that I really like -- but forget -- is Enoteca Sogno. It's really small and casual, kind of 70s almost, but I've had some outstanding food there. Not saying it's "the best in town," just another good local spot downtown.

Old 12-09-2008, 12:53 PM

12 posts, read 47,846 times
Horray for Franks on Hugenot! My parents go there once a week! However, there is a close comparison we've found: Angelos in the Forest Avenue shopping center. It's in a strip mall, but you can't beat the food.

Old 12-09-2008, 05:00 PM

1,046 posts, read 4,896,457 times
Do you mean Angela's on Ridge Road? (Not to put too fine a point on it, but the only Angel*O*'s I could fine was on Midlothian.) It's a great "family Italian" place that I've been to many times. Is the singing waitress still there? Not quite like Maestro, when it was across from Lincoln Center in NYC, but a very nice touch to a local spot.

Va bene.

Old 12-16-2008, 01:42 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,144,775 times
Mama Cuccina's in Innsbrook is quite good, and everything is home made.

Old 11-11-2010, 04:18 AM

1 posts, read 3,025 times
Frank's at what my fiance' and I affectionately call "Little" Stoneypoint (on Huguenot Rd and Buford) Its just a little place with good food and GREAT pizza. Mangia Mange!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond