U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2009, 08:55 AM

4,357 posts, read 3,015,253 times

Advertisements

Having just recently moved from Michigan to the area I am desperate to find a real bakery. I don't want grocery chain breads, but ones that make everything from scratch.

Anyone know of such a place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2009, 10:53 AM

1,802 posts, read 5,644,464 times
You could try these:

In Carytown - Montana Gold Bread Co.

In Midlothian - Prairie Grain Bread Co- Richmond Virginia’s premier bakery and deli for fresh, whole, stone-ground breads. (http://www.prairiegrain.com/index.htm - broken link)

Old 01-18-2009, 02:01 PM

1,540 posts, read 3,990,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
Having just recently moved from Michigan to the area I am desperate to find a real bakery. I don't want grocery chain breads, but ones that make everything from scratch.

Anyone know of such a place?

YES! TRY WILLIAMS BAKERY! I really miss their Butter Loafs!! Not sure what area of Richmond your in but they have several locations. I use to frequent the one in the Hanover Commons Shopping Center but they are all good!! If you click their price list you will see what they have to offer.
Williams Bakery, Inc

Old 01-18-2009, 02:22 PM

931 posts, read 3,464,579 times
There is this thing called google.

You can enter your address and then click maps.

Then you can search near your address with words such as "food, pizza or even bakery"

It shows you their location and the distance from your address.

Welcome to Virginia, sweet heart.

Old 01-18-2009, 04:01 PM

1,540 posts, read 3,990,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleo View Post
There is this thing called google.

You can enter your address and then click maps.

Then you can search near your address with words such as "food, pizza or even bakery"

It shows you their location and the distance from your address.

Wow that was a little cocky.. Sounds like she wanted a locals prespective on it because sometimes that information is more useful than what you get on google.

Old 01-18-2009, 06:06 PM

4,357 posts, read 3,015,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebyrd86 View Post
Wow that was a little cocky.. Sounds like she wanted a locals prespective on it because sometimes that information is more useful than what you get on google.

Thank you, Tee. That is exactly what I was looking for. When I Google, or try the phone book, all I seem to find are the bakeries in the supermarkets or the discount ones.

Thanks to all of you for the suggestions. I will be checking them out in the near future.

Quote:
Well, bless your heart, thank you. But, that would be, "Welcome home, sweetheart." I hail from the Tidewater area.

Old 01-19-2009, 09:17 AM

17 posts, read 58,393 times
Until someone from Google actually eats the products from these bakeries ,I think coming to this forum for personal advice is a better move. I will never understand why someone would come to a forum to do nothing more then attack someone seeking help. Don't these people have anything better else to do?
As for Bakeries ,i recommend the above mentioned Montana Gold Bread Company in Carytown and would also recommend a few blocks from them ,Jean-Jacques for pastries. This is a great place to go for dessert if you have a meal in the Carytown area and is next door to the most wonderful Chocolate store I have ever seen "For the Love of Chocolate".
Welcome back to Virginia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond