U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 08:41 AM

3 posts, read 6,418 times
Default Need a laywer for a Reckless Driving ticket

Hi,
I got a reckless driving ticket in Henrico County recently and would like to find a laywer to represent me on court. Does anyone have any recommendation? Who is the best traffic laywer in this area? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 04:00 PM

931 posts, read 2,504,147 times
I'm starting to think that the only reason people join the forum and make a thread is to ask about reckless driving tickets.

What is so hard about obeying the law?

Pay your fine, and stop breaking the law.

Why does everyone scream lawyer when they receive a reckless driving ticket? You broke the law.

A reckless driving ticket in the state of Virginia is a class one misdemeanor.

Now every time you apply for a new job, you get to select that you are a criminal and have a misdemeanor.

Do you think cops just hand these tickets out to anybody?

You are making the road unsafe for others.

You could have could have seriously injured someone.

I don't want people like you driving on my roads.

You are not Superman.

One day you are going to misjudge and make a horrible mistake.

I just hope that someone's life isn't sacrificed because of your lack of maturity and inability to abide by the law.

Drive safe or don't drive at all. It's that simple.

Old 02-04-2009, 04:28 PM

13,779 posts, read 16,055,913 times
Kevin Purnell
Hawthorne Picard and Rowe
John Click

Old 02-04-2009, 04:32 PM

Hmmm, so this person is guilty because a policeman said so? If memory serves me correctly, we have a little thing called the Judicial Branch of our government and everyone is considered INNOCENT until proven guilty... Oh, and EVERYONE has a RIGHT to be represented by counsel...

While this person may not be Superman you are not the judge and jury...

Quote:
Originally Posted by oleo View Post
I'm starting to think that the only reason people join the forum and make a thread is to ask about reckless driving tickets.

Why does everyone scream lawyer when they receive a reckless driving ticket? You broke the law.

Now every time you apply for a new job, you get to select that you are a criminal and have a misdemeanor.

You are not Superman.

I just hope that someone's life isn't sacrificed because of your lack of maturity and inability to abide by the law.

Old 02-04-2009, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Hmmm, so this person is guilty because a policeman said so? If memory serves me correctly, we have a little thing called the Judicial Branch of our government and everyone is considered INNOCENT until proven guilty... Oh, and EVERYONE has a RIGHT to be represented by counsel...

While this person may not be Superman you are not the judge and jury...
Martha Stewart,

Cops give people speeding tickets all the time, including some that are 15 above the speed limit (reckless). But the OP received a reckless driving ticket, meaning that he was driving recklessly or showed to the police officer that he was making the road unsafe for others.

The OP knows what he did. He's scrambling right now because someone told him that if he "gets a lawyer" he won't have to pay the fine, get it taken off his record and he'll get stuck with driving school. That's the only reason people come here and post these reckless driving ticket threads. Notice how there are no details. The OP is basically say "I need help, I screwed up!" Use some common sense and stop using your Law&Order education.

They are all guilty. Use some common sense. I think it's really sad that you provide them information so they can get around the law and not face the consequences of their actions.

Stop helping people break the law, Martha.

Old 02-04-2009, 05:47 PM

I am NOT Martha Stewart, but it was a feeble attempt at humor on your part

It is a shame that you assume everyone is guilty before they have their day in court. Just because someone is charged with something does not mean they are guilty. I believe they covered that in 8th grade Civics class

Your open mind and love of our Constitution is apparent...

Quote:
Martha Stewart,

Cops give people speeding tickets all the time, including some that are 15 above the speed limit (reckless). But the OP received a reckless driving ticket, meaning that he was driving recklessly or showed to the police officer that he was making the road unsafe for others.

The OP knows what he did. He's scrambling right now because someone told him that if he "gets a lawyer" he won't have to pay the fine, get it taken off his record and he'll get stuck with driving school. That's the only reason people come here and post these reckless driving ticket threads. Notice how there are no details. The OP is basically say "I need help, I screwed up!" Use some common sense and stop using your Law&Order education.

They are all guilty. Use some common sense. I think it's really sad that you provide them information so they can get around the law and not face the consequences of their actions.

Last edited by mrstewart; 02-04-2009 at 06:13 PM..

Old 02-04-2009, 05:54 PM

Oh, and by the way, Boston College is not a Law and Order education...how's J Sarge treating you these days????

Quote:
Martha Stewart,

Old 02-04-2009, 07:17 PM

Quote:
I am NOT Martha Stewart, but it was a feeble attempt at humor on your part

It is a shame that you assume everyone is guilty before they have their day in court. Just because someone is charged with something does not mean they are guilty. I believe they covered that in 8th grade Civics class

Your open mind and love of our Constitution is apparent...
Martha,

Sorry, this isn't a case study for a first year law student. Keep studying sweetie, don't bite off more than you can chew, you'll just embarass yourself.

The OP is a punk teenager who acted immature and recklessly and received a reckless driving ticket for his actions. He came to this forum, like everyone else, to seek advice on how he can avoid the consequences of his actions. "Lawyer up!" is what everyone shouts because those darn cops are just out to get everyone and ruin everyone's day. The OP is in panic mode, hence why there is no discussion as to what happened or why he needs to get a lawyer. Anyone with a brain knows that hiring a lawyer for some petty little reckless driving ticket is a complete waste of time and money. The OP isn't going to contact a lawyer. The OP is going to sit online and complain to their friends how unfair everything is and how much it "sucks". Haven't you seen any of the other "reckless driving ticket" threads? They are all the same.

I find it appalling that you want to help these people get around the law, rather than teach them the consequences of their actions. But I'm sure you're already trained to chase the dollar rather than feed the ignorant.

Maybe you'd understand if someone you loved was severely injured by a reckless driver.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:31 AM

Yes. I come here for help. I think it is the main purpose of this forum. I didn't describe my case is because I don't want such a person like you to judge me. If you think police officer is obsolutely right, why don't you think we need any judges in this country? Is that a waste? Please open your mind and stop being ignorance.

Quote:

You are not Superman.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:33 AM

Thank you for your help.

Quote:
Kevin Purnell
Hawthorne Picard and Rowe
John Click
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond