Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2009, 09:12 AM

1 posts, read 1,938 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,
I am hoping to be relocated to the Richmond area in the next few months as part of a promotion for work. I have been researching the area for quite some time and have many colleages who have moved in and out of Richmond for work as well.

With that, many are recommending areas like: Midlothian, Chester, Chesterfield County as a whole, and western Henrico County (primarily Glen Allen).

Any additional recommendations? To give you a quick background on me, My husband and I are both professionas in our early to mid 30's with a 2 year old son. We are looking for a stable, low crime community with good schools (who isn't!).

Any feedback? I'm having a challenging time with navigating the Chesterfield County area as well, as much of the real estate related data only highlights a few cities and references neighborhoods moreso.

THANKS! We're very excited to be coming your way and hope to plant permanent roots here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 09:23 AM

2,697 posts, read 8,697,150 times
We live in the Short Pump area (Western Henrico). The schools are excellent. I would look in 23233 or 23059 (although 23059 is a bit tricky because some of the homes in this zip are actually in another county). Large pool neighborhoods in those zips which feed into excellent schools are Twin Hickory, Wyndham, Wellsley and Grey Oaks (I may be missing some). Then there are tons of smaller neighborhoods. I think you'd find that this area is very family friendly and the people are very involved in the schools and proud of their excellent reputations.

Old 07-05-2009, 02:16 PM

18 posts, read 41,455 times
Midlothian is south of the James River and henceforth considered the southside versus the westend Henrico County. The homes are lower priced in the southside than the westend; they range from $200k to $400k in Midlothian for three to four bedrooms.

Old 07-15-2009, 02:48 PM

157 posts, read 569,366 times
I'm from the Detroit suburbs, too and just moved to Virginia!! Send me a message! What part of Detroit suburbs are you from? I'm from northern Oakland Co. I have done a decent amount of research here. I'm in Chesterfield Co across from Midlothian. It's very similar to Shelby Twp in my opinion. Lots of shopping plazas and suburbs. I'd love to help you!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond