Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 07:09 PM

30 posts, read 102,426 times

Advertisements

We recently moved to the area and will need to find a Family Physician, Tax Accountant, Dermatologist, Dentist, and Optometrist.

Any recommendations?? We are willing to travel for the "right" person, but would like to stay within Richmond, Chesterfield County, or Western Henrico County, if possible.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 09:00 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,248,019 times
Matt Marchal is a great General Practitioner in the West End...Nadia Blanchet is a great dermatologist on Southside...Baxter Perkinson's practice has great dentists and there are many offices in Richmond.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:34 PM

MrStewart - thanks so much for the quick reply and the recommendations! Just in case others are looking at this post to gather info, it looks like Nadia Blanchet is a plastic surgeon and not a dermatologist. We actually need to find a dermatologist since the visit is for a skin disorder, but thanks again for the names. I really appreciate it!

Old 07-28-2009, 10:03 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,248,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWLiving View Post
MrStewart - thanks so much for the quick reply and the recommendations! Just in case others are looking at this post to gather info, it looks like Nadia Blanchet is a plastic surgeon and not a dermatologist. We actually need to find a dermatologist since the visit is for a skin disorder, but thanks again for the names. I really appreciate it!
She does a lot of derm work. Jo Bohannon Grant is a great dermatologist....she is in Midlothian!

Old 08-02-2009, 06:48 AM

157 posts, read 569,274 times
We found a great dentist in Midlothian, Dr. Alex Hawkins. I don't know if you have kids but I just took 3 of my kids to Dr. Hawkins last week and they were GREAT with them! My 6 yo was very nervous and they listened to each complaint and took care of her, treating her with respect. My youngest child is going to see them tomorrow. She's very anxious about dental work after a traumatic event but they're so gentle. I'm praying it goes well!

Old 08-12-2009, 06:33 PM

6 posts, read 12,466 times
Dominion Dermatology has a new office by Twin Hickory. There are two female Derms and a Nurse Practitioner. I found it relatively esy to get an appt.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:40 PM

42 posts, read 115,629 times
Pediatric Dentist: Dr. Wood in Midlothian

Tax Accountant: Steve Walton in Midlothian

I live almost an hour away but will make the drive for these two

Old 02-18-2010, 09:45 PM

niklex, I haven't been able to find Steve Walton's contact information online or in the phone book. Is there a chance he moved outside of Midlothian? We are looking for a tax accountant, so if you have any info, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks so much!

Old 02-19-2010, 09:37 AM

1,046 posts, read 4,896,146 times
Without hesitation, I'd recommend Dee Ann Remo at Heritage Wealth Advisers for taxes. DM me if you have specific questions.

Best of luck.

Old 02-26-2010, 08:19 AM

1 posts, read 2,685 times
i have worked in healthcare for 15yrs so I am pretty familiar with local docs.
PCP - I love David Stein, MD & his group, they have several locations! If you are looking for a female doc the Beth Du, MD is awesome. If you are looking for pediatrics Tim Oniel, MD & his group are great.

Dermatologist - Victoria Gross, MD is fantastic as is Camile Haisley-Royster, MD they are in different groups but located about a mile from each other, both are young, run on time & really sweet!

Dentist - Tony Agapis, DDS in Chester is my all time favorite but if you don't want to travel that far then Grove Avenue Dentistry is a good group in the fan area & there is a good one in Mechaniscville named David Major.

Opt - I highly reccomend Seth Krowitz w/ VA Eye Inst. He is awesome, I have had problems with my right eye since childhood, no one could figure it out, but he did after only one visit!

Tax - Charlie Shanes is really nice & does good work, reasonably priced. He has a private firm & his brother runs Shanes & Associates, a larger tax firm. I worked for them in college & never heard any customer commplaints!

Hope this helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond