Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2010, 11:05 AM

16 posts, read 81,212 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I want to get your opinions on great neighborhoods in Richmond. I currently live in the far west end, but not in a neighborhood. I'm used to the West End, but want to be open minded about other areas including Midlothian and Hanover.

Looking for great schools in a tight community. Some of the places I'm leaning towards are Ashcreek, Twin Hickory, Fox Hall, Wellesley.

Can you comment on these places? Anything else you would recommend? Elementary schools are key at this point.

thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 11:37 AM

2,697 posts, read 8,677,662 times
Any reason you're leaving out Wyndham? Shady Grove Elementary is excellent (ranked 5th in the state by Schooldigger.com). We've been in Wyndham for 20 months and love it. When we moved back to Glen Allen after being gone for three years we wanted a pool neighborhood with sidewalks and we decided on Wyndham because of Shady Grove. We've driven through Foxhall and Wellsley and I know they both have excellent school assignments. Twin Hickory is great. I like that it has a pool and sidewalks and is newer. I don't think it's laid out very well and that there's a lot of through traffic. I also don't like that it's split between two elementaries and there isn't a lot of established landscaping.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:49 PM

16 posts, read 81,212 times
I do like Wyndham as well. What do you think of Hanover schools?

Old 01-12-2010, 04:08 PM

2,697 posts, read 8,677,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimifio View Post
I do like Wyndham as well. What do you think of Hanover schools?
I think pickpatrick knows Hanovers schools well. From what I understand, the schools in Mechanicsville are very good.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:29 AM

42 posts, read 115,337 times
In Hanover, you will find many good options that fit your needs. The Hanover HS and Atlee HS districts are generally preferred, and the HOA/pool/tennis type subdivisions you may want to explore include: Milestone, Kings Charter, Ashcreek (you already mentioned), Bell Creek, Honey Meadows, Battlefield Green (smaller homes than the others), and also the planned communities of Mt. Hermon Farms and Woodside Estates (still too new for pool). Madison Springs and Chickahominy Oaks are similar but no pool, just a playground area.

I currently live in the Lee Davis HS area and there are many families at Pebble Creek which would also meet your needs. The families here seem very optimistic that Lee Davis is going to improve in the near future due to some re-drawing of the school district lines, but I don't have any more insight than that. West of I-95, the neighborhoods feed into Patrick Henry HS which has a more rural population; neighborhoods to consider include Country Club Hills and Mountain Run, but I'm unsure if they have pools.

Old 02-07-2010, 02:35 PM

383 posts, read 1,013,931 times
Absolutely, you will find many wonderful communities in close-in Hanover.Niklex mentioned many. I personally lived in King Charter and my kids went to Pearsons Corner, Chickahomiy and Atlee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond