Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 10:14 AM

5 posts, read 75,855 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a great fishing spot that is similar to Three Lakes Park in Henrico, VA. I am looking for a spot that has a playground, restrooms and a sitting area. I don't want to go to far so I was hoping someone knew of a place in Chesterfield or even Richmond. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2010, 02:01 PM

370 posts, read 1,005,694 times
Fishing spots don't generally have playgrounds and restrooms but I guess that's just my opinion. Lots of great spots along the James River throughout the City but you would have to rock hop to get there and they wouldn't have said amenities.

Old 04-16-2010, 09:08 PM

Thanks for responding ric75, you are right fishing spots don't have those things. I am more so looking for a place that is very similar to Three Lakes, where you can fish, play on the playground, use restrooms all in one spot.

Old 04-18-2010, 02:03 AM

28 posts, read 81,625 times
Try the old quarry pond on Belle Island. Folks are always fishing there. It doesn't have a formal "playground" but there are kids running around all over. There are restrooms.

Old 04-18-2010, 12:10 PM

418 posts, read 1,042,405 times
Robious Landing Park in Midlothian has fishing (can't vouch for the quality), playground, picnic spots, restrooms, benches etc. Pretty spot right on the river. County of Chesterfield, VA | Robious Landing Park Details - Parks and Facilities

Old 05-03-2010, 09:21 PM

Thanks so much you guys for responding. I will def. check out Robious Landing Park that sounds like a winner.

Old 05-05-2010, 03:59 PM

283 posts, read 649,328 times
Dorey park in the East end of Henrico has a nice pond which is stocked with trout in the late fall. You will need a trout stamp to fish for the trout. I think that this park will meet your needs. I have also seen lots of people fishing the lakes around Maymont park. I have been surprised to see some pretty big largemouth bass taken out of those lakes. Forest Hill Park has some fishy looking lakes with very east access.In Chesterfield county you can fish the Swift Creek at the State Park which has easy access to the shoreline as well as launching facilities for a small canoe or john boat. If you do not mind doing some driving, there is a park off of route 5 in Charles City County which has a nice free fishing pier onto the James River. Further down on route 5 there is Walkers Dam with easy access for a boat as well as a dam that you can fish. There is a fee for parking and fishing here. Most of the water in our area is in the East end of Richmond. There are lots of places where you can fish. Good luck and good fishing.

Old 08-27-2010, 06:25 AM

^Thanks so much for your suggestions. All of those places sound great.

Old 04-10-2011, 07:10 AM

1 posts, read 17,626 times
Pocahontas State park off Beach Road in Chesterfield has all of that

Old 05-29-2023, 07:00 AM

3 posts, read 2,202 times
Dorey park has a playground pretty close to the pond there is also a tiny wheelchair accessible pier to fish from and a paved path around the lake
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
View detailed profiles of: