Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2010, 09:28 PM

8 posts, read 17,224 times

Advertisements

The wife and I will be moving to Richmond soon from the icy north. I will be working at both MCV/VCU as well as the VA. We are looking for a nice suburban area with a decent commute, good schools and houses in the 180-200K range. We came across Brandermill while researching the area and recently visited it. We really liked this area with its walking trails, wooded lots and huge reservoir but I am not super excited about the commute. I don't think the west end is really in the budget plus the commute to the VA would likely suck big time so we have concentrated on Chesterfield. My question is: Which areas of Chesterfield would fit our criteria while giving me a shorter commute to work? I am open to suggestions about other areas in Henrico that I don't know about as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2010, 04:50 PM

743 posts, read 3,901,098 times
Well, it'll still be a 35-40 minute commute, but Lake Caroline would be more in your budget. It's on I-95 north, exit 110. (Or Exit 104, it's between the exits) It is in zip code 22546.

Old 05-05-2010, 03:14 PM

283 posts, read 652,893 times
One disadvantage of Chesterfield is that the most direct route to MCV from Brandermill is the Powhite Parkway which is a toll road. It is a fairly direct drive providing there are no accidents on the Parkway. If you are traveling off hours, the commute is a piece of cake. The area North of MCV has some nice suburban areas. You would most likely want to be near a major road like routes 1 or 301. Hanover County is south of Caroline so it is closer in to MCV and there are still some nice rural areas. I do not think that they have anything like Brandermill, but you should be able to find a home in your price range. Still another area to consider is the East End of Henrico County. There has been a good deal of new developments built in Varina and it is a short drive to MCV.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:54 PM

8 posts, read 17,224 times
Thanks Vman, good advice but if I can't sell my house up here soon I may have to set up a tent in the frontyard of the whitehouse of the confederacy.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:57 PM

1,222 posts, read 5,150,066 times
You might be able to find something in the heart of Chester; and then you can hop on I95 (Exit 61) to get to MCV/VCU. But it's not going to have the amenities of Brandermill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
View detailed profiles of: