Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2010, 06:18 PM

1 posts, read 5,300 times

Advertisements

Hello, I just got a job offer in the Richmond area, close to the Doctor's Hospital in Henrico and I am considering West Broad Village townhouses in the Short Pump area. We will be visiting next weekend for the first time but I really need the lowdown as my Realtor might not be at liberty to give me the pros and cons.

I would appreciate what the status of this development is as I read that sometime last year or so they were having financial difficulties and unable to fill up as they thought they would.

Thank you,
Kendi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 06:41 PM

121 posts, read 270,626 times
I have some friends who live in WBV and love it. Lots of young couples and young families, walkability, etc.

The downside is that the economic downturn led to slow development. Lots of the stores are still vacant.

Old 05-29-2010, 05:28 AM

5,072 posts, read 9,141,532 times
Markel just invested in the group that owns them, so they seem to have faith in the project. WBV is mostly occupied but from what I understand new development will be slow.

Old 06-26-2010, 05:52 AM

1 posts, read 5,122 times
I had been here only 2 months (2450 Old Brick Rd) and this place sucks! I love the Location, but the building fire alarm goes off every other day. When we go to the pool. We can only swim no playing or talking to the life guards on duty for the fear that they will press charges for sexual harassment. I have called down to the management office last week 8 times to put my phone into the computer to open doors if anyone comes to visit. So I tested out and it was the wrong number. This place only has a few families living here! They should have no problem making things work! This place it a joke! I would say they have a ton of work to do before anyone should move into this place. If you want to talk to me call me at 804-543-0104

Old 08-26-2010, 07:59 AM

1 posts, read 4,845 times
i have to agree with Cliff. The noise from Dave and Buster's is unbearable with all the drunks on the streets until the wee hours of the morning. Plus the sewers stink to high heaven when you want to walk somewhere. The elevators keep breaking down too.

Old 08-26-2010, 07:10 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
Quote:
Dave and Buster's
They are keeping Henricos finest busy during the weekend evenings. Drove through last weekend and past seven police cars parked along Old Brick Rd.

Old 12-25-2010, 12:50 PM

1 posts, read 4,446 times
Default Wbv

Hi:

I assume you still live in west broad villiage. I was curious if things have improved. I plan to move in there in January, but I can still get out. Please let me know. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff6ft10 View Post
I had been here only 2 months (2450 Old Brick Rd) and this place sucks! I love the Location, but the building fire alarm goes off every other day. When we go to the pool. We can only swim no playing or talking to the life guards on duty for the fear that they will press charges for sexual harassment. I have called down to the management office last week 8 times to put my phone into the computer to open doors if anyone comes to visit. So I tested out and it was the wrong number. This place only has a few families living here! They should have no problem making things work! This place it a joke! I would say they have a ton of work to do before anyone should move into this place. If you want to talk to me call me at 804-543-0104
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
View detailed profiles of: