Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Roanoke area
 [Register]
Roanoke area Roanoke - Salem area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2013, 06:27 PM

44 posts, read 85,121 times

Advertisements

Where are they?? First off I just want to know if you think they are feasible in this city! They are feasible in Roanoke and are obviously there! If they were to come to linkhorne.. Where would they be? Lynchburg has a Cracker Barrel and Bob Evans that Roanoke doesn't have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 11:43 AM

2,032 posts, read 6,889,780 times
Red Robin in Blacksburg seems dead while the RR in Roanoke always seems to be active due to its location next to Valley view Mall. Carrabbas in R is always full in the evenings, I think due to its bar. The problem with
Carrabbas for me is that they aren't open for lunch but I believe they have finally understood the need.
The odd thing is that Olive Garden is right across the street from Carrabbas. BTW, the Olive Garden in Blacksburg seems very slow, the one in L seems busy and it is very nice. R needs a much better Golden Corral
the GC in L is much nicer. I thought Bob Evans was a lot like Dennys, great for Bkfst people. R finally got a Cook Out ! and it is a big hit! I am noticing a lot of restaurants that have been around a long time are closing due to higher food prices

Old 02-17-2013, 11:52 AM

But is a Red Robin in Lynhburg feasible ,and if so where? Same question for Carrabas

Old 02-17-2013, 06:38 PM

104 posts, read 303,287 times
Why are you wishing for mediocre chain resturants that are way overpriced? Isnt Carrabas basically the same as Olive garden anyway? Lynchburg has plenty of excellent local options for dining like isabellas, rivermont pizza ect.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:33 PM

1,086 posts, read 2,657,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by passo82 View Post
Why are you wishing for mediocre chain resturants that are way overpriced? Isnt Carrabas basically the same as Olive garden anyway? Lynchburg has plenty of excellent local options for dining like isabellas, rivermont pizza ect.
agreed I have RR nearby and never go there. Nothing special. Same for Carrabas. There are several mediocre local Italian places just as good and a few much better.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:47 AM

2,032 posts, read 6,889,780 times
I am a big spaghetti/meat balls person. My favorite spot is La Villa off Timberlake Rd in Lynchburg.
The pasta is always fresh and the ingredients they put into their sauce is awesome! Another good place is
Mama Marias' in Salem. Although their spaghetti is not as good as La Villa their menu has the meaty bolognese
sauce and their buffet is good. It is hard to get good italian food in the South anyway. I guess all of the best
home grown italian restaurants are in NYC!

Old 02-18-2013, 03:20 PM

Olive Garden doesn't have anything on carrabas if u h e actually been so think before u speak!

Old 02-18-2013, 06:11 PM

895 posts, read 2,096,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by passo82 View Post
Sorry, but I have to weigh in in favor of the chains, here. Due to diet, I'm particularly fussy about where I eat- I haven't eaten at a casual restaurant on Wards Rd.... well, since most were built. I tend to hover around Rivermont and downtown, but many in the region don't. I would be glad to see a few more people opting to drive to Lynchburg and pay our high meals tax to eat at a place that they used to drive to Roanoke or Charlottesville for. In my opinion, commercial development is the best type of growth for the city, outside of retirement or college focused residential complexes. The better the revenues for the city, the less fuss we get about reinvestment in the downtown, which will, in turn, bring more visitors. Win-Win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Roanoke area