Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Roanoke area
 [Register]
Roanoke area Roanoke - Salem area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2013, 10:01 PM

3 posts, read 5,840 times

Advertisements

I'm about to graduate from Virginia Tech and take on a job in Roanoke. I love the area just not sure what apartment would fit me best. I want to live near some other young professionals and not out in the middle of the woods right away ( maybe in a few years) . I have been looking at places like the cotton mill and the river house etc. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2013, 07:41 AM

2,282 posts, read 4,056,817 times
Congrats on your graduation!!!

You ought to tour a few of the downtown apartments like Patrick Henry and Cotton Mill - as well as the River House - then check out some of the larger apartment complexes (like out near Tanglewood) - and your heart will definitely lean one way or the other I'm thinking!

Old 03-14-2013, 08:13 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,838,552 times
Here's some good apartment communities in Roanoke:
The Pines, Cedar Point (along 419, affordable)
StoneBrook, Honeywood, Pebble Creek (near tanglewood mall, same management as the pines)
Sunscape (a bit expensive)

There are more but these are the ones most popular here. The rental office for most should be open on saturdays until noon & you can look at a model apartment before moving in. I dont like the basement aparments in this area (they call it 1st floor, eventhough its basement) because I have seen some flooding on occassions.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:20 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,150,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db99 View Post
I'm about to graduate from Virginia Tech and take on a job in Roanoke. I love the area just not sure what apartment would fit me best. I want to live near some other young professionals and not out in the middle of the woods right away ( maybe in a few years) . I have been looking at places like the cotton mill and the river house etc. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.
You're on the right track. I didn't like the River House when I looked at it, but that's just me. I think downtown is the definite way to go for a young professional. The downtown apartments are expensive and fill up quickly, though! Have you checked out this link? Rentals | Downtown Living | Downtown Roanoke, VA

Old 03-14-2013, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
You're on the right track. I didn't like the River House when I looked at it, but that's just me. I think downtown is the definite way to go for a young professional. The downtown apartments are expensive and fill up quickly, though! Have you checked out this link? Rentals | Downtown Living | Downtown Roanoke, VA
Yes i have checked out that link, I have already talked to people at the cotton mill and the river house and they are both full.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:28 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,150,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db99 View Post
Yes i have checked out that link, I have already talked to people at the cotton mill and the river house and they are both full.
That's the problem with downtown apartments - they are almost always full. I don't think you are missing anything at the River House (IMO).

The Patrick Henry posted on Facebook a few days ago that they have a one-bedroom available on April 1.

You could also try 8 Jefferson Place. It wasn't for me, but I know a few people who live there or have lived there. They typically have vacancies.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
That's the problem with downtown apartments - they are almost always full. I don't think you are missing anything at the River House (IMO).

The Patrick Henry posted on Facebook a few days ago that they have a one-bedroom available on April 1.

You could also try 8 Jefferson Place. It wasn't for me, but I know a few people who live there or have lived there. They typically have vacancies.
What is it like for parking at most of these places I know that the Patrick Henry doesn't have their own parking lot. Also does anyone know of any real estate people to contact about rental properties?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Roanoke area