Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Roanoke area
 [Register]
Roanoke area Roanoke - Salem area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 07:02 PM

1,570 posts, read 4,600,207 times

Advertisements

I usually go to the Kroger at Towers but often times frequent the Kroger at Tangelwood. The one thing that annoys me the most about that location is the exit to the place. The entrance from 419 is a oneway so to get out you have to drive through the mall parking lot (crosswalks) to the light. Does this annoy anyone else or is it just me being picky? I think they could/should have designed it a little bit better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2008, 07:26 PM

4 posts, read 17,403 times
It's not just you, the exit is very annoying. I don't go to the Kroger that often but I experience the same problem when I go to the bookstore. It can't be that difficult to add a more convienent exit.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:50 PM

430 posts, read 916,469 times
Agree. IMHO, we can probably do better on everything including road design...

Old 03-25-2008, 09:57 PM

261 posts, read 1,268,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebyrd86 View Post
I usually go to the Kroger at Towers but often times frequent the Kroger at Tangelwood. ...
Wait a sec! Haven't you said before that you work at Ukrop's? Are you sure you should you be patronizing another store like that?

For several years, I worked at a Borders bookstore, and even to this day whenever I go into Barnes & Noble, I feel like I need to put on a pair of Groucho glasses to keep my identity a secret.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:18 PM

1,570 posts, read 4,600,207 times
I do work at Ukrop's but I do my wine shopping at various other stores inlcudeing Kroger. Isnt it great to live in a free country and we all know by now Kroger has a great wine selection... not found at Ukrop's! I do however buy some groceries at Ukrop's. But I honestly might not go to this Kroger anymore the exit is just way too inconvienent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperTrail View Post
Wait a sec! Haven't you said before that you work at Ukrop's? Are you sure you should you be patronizing another store like that?

For several years, I worked at a Borders bookstore, and even to this day whenever I go into Barnes & Noble, I feel like I need to put on a pair of Groucho glasses to keep my identity a secret.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:26 AM
j1n

1,245 posts, read 4,644,149 times
That's pretty funny. I'm in that Barnes & Noble at least once a week. And yeah...that one exit is so annoying...between the crosswalks, stop signs, speed bumps, and then that one final, wierd "yield" sign...

hey papertrail...
I used to work at Borders too. That's one thing I really dislike about B&N...no self-serve merch lookup kiosks!! I don't really like (waiting and) asking for help at the info desk at B&N!

Old 03-26-2008, 08:40 AM

2,032 posts, read 6,867,611 times
Default Tanglewood Kroger

The entrance/exits into that Mall are so confusing I am always curious how anyone shops there. I parked at the upper end of the Mall recently where Stein Mart is located. Has anyone tried to cross the street from the parking lot to the Mall? They have put up crosswalks but from my experience none stops for pedestrians and there doesn't seem to be any enforcement of any speed laws. If you go to that Mall, be cautious!!

Old 03-28-2008, 05:35 PM

567 posts, read 2,134,330 times
I agree, Roanoker 4. I've encounters more instances of me standing IN THE CROSSWALK, and a car coming and SPEEDING UP to drive by and NOT let me cross.

That's awful!!

Yes, the Tanglewood area parking lots and driveways are a pain!

Old 03-30-2008, 09:42 PM

1,341 posts, read 6,169,564 times
Have you guys tried the ancient chinese secret back exit out of Tanglewood yet? It might not be faster but for me it's less stressful.

Drive down the road right in front of the Kroger storefront toward Barnes & Noble. Then bear right and you'll be on the road behind the mall. The road is usually deserted and you can zip along and then once past the back side of Staples you can sneak right up and out of the lot onto Ogden.

It _would_ be nice to have a better exit out of Tanglewood though. Maybe this will improve once the new lights are in at the exit across from the Wendys, where they're building the access road into the slate hill project.

As much as the Tanglewood exit sucks, I think the Valley View parking situation's suckage is an order of magnitude worse. The only section I think is set up well is the BestBuy/Petsmart area where they have that quick side exit.

Course, we're closer to the Rocky Mount Kroger / Super Walmart retail park and it (in my opinion) has the nicest and most convenient entrance/exit setup around. All it needs is a Barnes & Noble / Borders and I'd be a happy camper. Viva La Franklin County!

Sean

Old 03-30-2008, 09:47 PM

49 posts, read 213,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpecor View Post
Have you guys tried the ancient chinese secret back exit out of Tanglewood yet? It might not be faster but for me it's less stressful.

Drive down the road right in front of the Kroger storefront toward Barnes & Noble. Then bear right and you'll be on the road behind the mall. The road is usually deserted and you can zip along and then once past the back side of Staples you can sneak right up and out of the lot onto Ogden.
This is my preferred route of entrance/escape when I go to this kroger/BN/Carmike when I'm in Roanoke, especially since my parents live outside cave spring I'm headed from/to that direction anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Roanoke area