U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 09:11 AM

1,492 posts, read 1,325,011 times

Advertisements

Can't figure out why Aorre doesn't like Wegmans. Sounds like they are a rousing success. Jam packed full of people, while Tops is a virtual ghost town. Wegmans has 2-3 time as many employees to serve you, while Tops has union employees. It seems to take much longer to shop at Tops when they have 1, maybe 2 cashiers, while Wegmans will have 15-20. As for prices, right now Zwiegles hots are $2.49 and Tops is 2 for $6. Canned veggies are .39 at Wegmans
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2010, 09:47 AM

59 posts, read 203,461 times
Funny. I actually have no problem with the Clinton joint. Works for me, on my budget. I can walk out of there spending on average, $70. When I walk out of Weg, I spend on average 250. Sure, I have more. But my fridge is still empty by the end of the week. If I was wealthier, and a Weg was closer to me, sure I'd go there all the time. But I feel like I need intensive psychotherapy every time I leave a wegmans. Lots of cuties though.

Old 07-03-2010, 09:57 AM

233 posts, read 594,458 times
Never said I didn't like Wegmans! It's a great place, really. If you live in Rochester, Wegmans and Tops must become a part of your life. I just prefer the "ghost town" that is Tops. I like the emptiness, I hate seeing too many people, and all the friendliness of Wegmans kinda creeps me out at times, but not enough to discourage ever going there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David001 View Post
But I feel like I need intensive psychotherapy every time I leave a wegmans. Lots of cuties though.
This made me laugh.

Old 07-03-2010, 11:04 AM

3,234 posts, read 7,611,423 times
I go out of my way to shop at the Eastway wegamns over the east ridge road location for all the milfs

Old 07-04-2010, 07:40 PM

6,196 posts, read 14,200,491 times
I miss Wegmans. They are taking far too long to open stores in North Carolina.

I am not creeped out by friendliness.

I am creeped out by men who visit grocery stores to check out the mothers, though.

Aorre wrote:
Quote:
I like the emptiness, I hate seeing too many people, and all the friendliness of Wegmans kinda creeps me out at times, but not enough to discourage ever going there.
garmin129 wrote:
Quote:
I go out of my way to shop at the Eastway wegamns over the east ridge road location for all the milfs

Old 07-05-2010, 07:10 AM

3,234 posts, read 7,611,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
I miss Wegmans. They are taking far too long to open stores in North Carolina.

I am not creeped out by friendliness.

I am creeped out by men who visit grocery stores to check out the mothers, though.

Aorre wrote:

garmin129 wrote:
I don't go to grocery stores to check out mothers. I go there for food. The hot moms are just a byproduct. Why not go somewhere where I'll get hit on?

Old 07-05-2010, 10:08 PM

531 posts, read 975,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garmin239 View Post
I don't go to grocery stores to check out mothers. I go there for food. The hot moms are just a byproduct. Why not go somewhere where I'll get hit on?

I go to Wegmans SPECIFICALLY for the cougars; for me, the groceries are the byproduct. Actually, it's natural to work up quite an appetite while milfhunting--so I guess the two go hand-in-hand.

Old 07-06-2010, 09:40 AM

1,030 posts, read 2,766,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
I gotta agree it's a little overrated.
not at all...every single person I know who has ever lived in the Wegmans World and moves away, no matter where, states it's the best store in the country and no others touch it....

HERE'S THE RECIPE:

Take only the BEST of: Trader Joes, Whole Foods, Food Lion, etc etc etc, add the benevolence of Gates and Buffet and the customer service of *****hmmmmm**** I guess a Wegmans store (truly, you do not get it any better) and you have Wegmans.....

Call us NYers crazy for praising a food supplier but you have to try it before you knock it.....

A WEgmans Fan

Old 07-07-2010, 09:16 AM

59 posts, read 203,461 times
Again, I'm with Aorre, in that I like being able to zip through a Tops in 20min with a full cart of food. I never wait long at Tops for a cashier, and they're always friendly, as are all the staff. I've never had a friendly Weg cashier.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:08 AM

1,021 posts, read 1,611,130 times
I can't believe all this talk about "customer service". I go to Wegmans, get my stuff, and get out. The only people I ever interact with are my wife and the cashier. Who the hell is going to Wegmans to have a conversation with an employee, share stories, and have a good time? What are all of you doing where customer service is even coming in to play?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area