Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2010, 09:01 PM

2 posts, read 11,873 times

Advertisements

Anybody have any pictures of Burger Park in Henrietta NY They had 15 cent mystery hambergers that were totally addicting to me, soggy french fries, and milkshakes all cheap and addicting I can taste them now. I was 17 or 18 in 1964 and really liked that place!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 01:05 PM

4 posts, read 10,177 times
Default Hentietta 1960's

you might try the democrate and chronicle archives.I remember the place also.My dad would take my two brothers and I there after the stock car races at monroe county fair grounds.Great food that would put Micky D's to shame!

Old 05-23-2012, 02:01 PM

192 posts, read 527,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdaly28 View Post
you might try the democrate and chronicle archives.I remember the place also.My dad would take my two brothers and I there after the stock car races at monroe county fair grounds.Great food that would put Micky D's to shame!
good call, I would also recommend the Monroe county library’s archive.They have a lot of cool stuff in there, its on the second floor of the Rundell building.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:22 PM

1,030 posts, read 3,070,143 times
Can't help you with pictures but it was located near Southtown Plaza, right? I was a youngin' but my older siblings talked about going there and I vaguely remember a clown you talked into to order or was that from a Steven King movie

And there was the mini circus/fair rides that were set up under the Southtown sign....ice-cream at Meizendahl's (sp) Dairy and Lollipop Farm all along that stretch of West Henrietta

Ahhhhh......the 60s

Last edited by Fallingwater79; 06-21-2012 at 08:45 PM..

Old 12-30-2012, 07:49 PM

2 posts, read 11,873 times
I think the town historian once mentioned Burger Park in an article appearing in the Henrietta Post. I may contact her.

Old 10-31-2015, 03:40 PM

2 posts, read 3,983 times
I remember hamburgers were 18 cents. Our entire family was headed there when we heard the news that President Kennedy was killed. We were riding in our 1963 Rambler American. We lived a couple of miles south of there in a large development that was on Bailey Road.

Old 10-31-2015, 07:17 PM

5,476 posts, read 3,952,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallingwater79 View Post
Can't help you with pictures but it was located near Southtown Plaza, right? I was a youngin' but my older siblings talked about going there and I vaguely remember a clown you talked into to order or was that from a Steven King movie

And there was the mini circus/fair rides that were set up under the Southtown sign....ice-cream at Meizendahl's (sp) Dairy and Lollipop Farm all along that stretch of West Henrietta

Ahhhhh......the 60s
Also, if I remember correctly there was an airport (Page Airways) where Marketplace mall is now. The Wilmots still run Page Airways on Scottsville Rd, as well as the mall.

Old 11-06-2015, 01:09 PM

7,880 posts, read 12,589,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWRocks View Post
Also, if I remember correctly there was an airport (Page Airways) where Marketplace mall is now. The Wilmots still run Page Airways on Scottsville Rd, as well as the mall.
It was Hylan Airport.

Old 11-06-2015, 01:14 PM

7,880 posts, read 12,589,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallingwater79 View Post

Ahhhhh......the 60s
Henrietta's history of caring for 4-legged friends

I had thought Lollipop was always in Egypt. I never knew it was at one time in Henrietta.

Old 11-06-2015, 05:33 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,706,130 times
I don't remember Burger Park, but I do remember one of the first Big Boys, on Buffalo Rd. Lol.

You should email the guy who does those Whatever Happened To.... in the Sunday D&C. I suggested Ackerman's, and he featured it. I bet a lot of readers would be interested.

Here's the email address:

roc-roots@Democrat and Chronicle.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area