U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 10:21 PM

127 posts, read 291,349 times

Advertisements

Hi! I recently moved to Rochester, so this is my first year experimenting the festivals. so is Park ave fest considered the best one of all?? I had heard that from so many people I wonder what is so special about it?? it does seem to have the same day schedule as the other ones I have been.. and honestly i thought Cornhill festival and the lilac was about the same things... (food music and crafts) (the other ones I havent been in the city) so do you guys see any difference in them? which one is your favor festival?? I do travel for work alot so is it worth going to this festival?? thnks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 01:20 PM

1,283 posts, read 2,649,562 times
Lilac Festival, for the food.

Old 07-16-2010, 09:37 PM

525 posts, read 1,641,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolFL2NY View Post
Hi! I recently moved to Rochester, so this is my first year experimenting the festivals. so is Park ave fest considered the best one of all?? I had heard that from so many people I wonder what is so special about it?? it does seem to have the same day schedule as the other ones I have been.. and honestly i thought Cornhill festival and the lilac was about the same things... (food music and crafts) (the other ones I havent been in the city) so do you guys see any difference in them? which one is your favor festival?? I do travel for work alot so is it worth going to this festival?? thnks
My understanding about what makes Park Ave Fest so popular is that it basically turns into a giant frat party at night, though it has been a number of years since that was the scene I was looking for.

Old 07-17-2010, 08:56 AM

3,234 posts, read 7,610,581 times
My favorites are taste of Rochester and the Greek festival.

Old 07-17-2010, 09:27 AM

5,384 posts, read 9,778,679 times
My two fav's are Corn Hill for the arts and crafts (but MAN it is hot for that one) and Fairport Canal Days for the food and crafts..... I like Park Ave- especially the shade of the trees to cool you down.... but it really is just one big booze fest later in the day..... at 32 and 2 kids in tow... not really my thing....I wasn't too excited about the Greek Festival the two times I have been....

Old 07-18-2010, 12:18 AM

707 posts, read 1,291,279 times
German =)

Old 07-19-2010, 09:17 AM

127 posts, read 291,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
My two fav's are Corn Hill for the arts and crafts (but MAN it is hot for that one) and Fairport Canal Days for the food and crafts..... I like Park Ave- especially the shade of the trees to cool you down.... but it really is just one big booze fest later in the day..... at 32 and 2 kids in tow... not really my thing....I wasn't too excited about the Greek Festival the two times I have been....
i'm intrigued about the taste of rochester!! sounds fancy (at least more than the average festival food) and why didnt u like the greek festival?

Old 07-19-2010, 10:01 AM

233 posts, read 594,414 times
Puerto Rican festival and uh...the Pride Parade.

Old 07-19-2010, 02:21 PM

525 posts, read 1,641,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolFL2NY View Post
i'm intrigued about the taste of rochester!! sounds fancy (at least more than the average festival food) and why didnt u like the greek festival?
Taste of Rochester would be great if they could get it to the scale of the Taste of Buffalo. The Greek Festival to me is overpriced food below the quality local restaurants like Olives or Aladdins and I never felt like I was really drawn into the culture while attending like other ethnic festivals. It has been several years since I went though, so it might be better now.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:24 PM

5,384 posts, read 9,778,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rochacha View Post
Taste of Rochester would be great if they could get it to the scale of the Taste of Buffalo. The Greek Festival to me is overpriced food below the quality local restaurants like Olives or Aladdins and I never felt like I was really drawn into the culture while attending like other ethnic festivals. It has been several years since I went though, so it might be better now.
Have to agree here. I put it right there with the Irish Festival at Durand Eastman ( and I am a gung ho proud to be Irish Mick). If you aren't Irish, or aren't there for the booze... you really don't want to go to the Irish Festival either.

There are two in Penfield I really enjoy- Taste of Penfield in JUNE (Penfield Restaurants/bakeries/cateres serve tons of food tastings for $1) and the one they do in September or October... a huge chilli cook off/contest with tastings and Dundee beer tasting all for $1... both with a band and are very low key relaxing- but if you like food it is a very fun day and a cheap outing....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area