Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 04:23 PM

3,235 posts, read 8,715,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA View Post
That's interesting. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they consolidate and bring more jobs to Rochester. And I agree that a younger workforce downtown would really help. That and getting people to move downtown. A lot of US cities have been turning their downtowns around by putting in lofts and renovating apartments in close proximity to the CBD. Richmond, VA (where I'm living right now) is a similar size to Rochester, and they've been doing miraculous things in DT by renovating old tobacco warehouses into luxury lofts along the James River.

Thanks for the information!
Yea, the've been doing the loft thing over the past few years. I have a friend that moved into one and they are pretty damn cool. From what I see, they are starting to do that more and more and seem to be selling or renting out pretty quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2010, 11:50 AM

355 posts, read 869,210 times
[quote=garmin239;16859807]
I've spoken with plenty of Paetec employees...... but what employees say and what is actually happening are two different things. They tell me that they want to consolidate several offices outside of the state and bring them to Rochester... And they want to buy more companies and move the jobs to Rochester and that is why they need a big new building. QUOTE]

Holy crap! Finally something good is in the making for downtown. This region needs jobs BADLY! Let's hope the city doesn't drop the ball on this one unlike someone else we know (cough, cough Steve Johnson).

Old 12-03-2010, 11:45 PM

1,885 posts, read 3,447,422 times
What a joke. 3+ years and nothing's been signed.

Good luck with this one, NY taxpayers! Looks lke Chesonis is gonna bend you over if he gets his way.

Old 12-11-2010, 05:08 PM

20 posts, read 40,826 times
Wow, I think the whole thing with Midtown is a disaster. Why did we need to demolish it again? Now the people probably won't even move in. When Midtown was open, I could feel a little more safe while using the bus. Now food, a toilet, a warm place with security, and Greyhound are all gone, and it's just these glass things where bums hang out. I have to stand out there by myself sometimes and get approached by weirdos.

Rochester always has the wrong idea. The city way over-reaches and tries to do something big and then can't get it's act together. It gets harder and harder for me to live around here. And the city's now uglier, too. I'll be really pissed if there's just an empty lot there for the next decade, but that's what I feel like's gonna happen. Me and a lot of others don't trust our city government with anything anymore. Why should we?

Old 12-28-2010, 09:15 AM

1,021 posts, read 1,880,657 times
Looks like it's a go, and with free parking being thrown in...

Mayor Duffy calls Tuesday*news conference about*Midtown/PAETEC Project | www.WHEC.com (http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S1898845.shtml?cat=565 - broken link)

Mayor Duffy announces deal with Paetec is complete | www.WHEC.com (http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S1899457.shtml?cat=566 - broken link)

Old 12-28-2010, 10:02 PM

355 posts, read 869,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTaxedInNY View Post
Looks like it's a go, and with free parking being thrown in...

Mayor Duffy calls Tuesday*news conference about*Midtown/PAETEC Project | www.WHEC.com (http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S1898845.shtml?cat=565 - broken link)

Mayor Duffy announces deal with Paetec is complete | www.WHEC.com (http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S1899457.shtml?cat=566 - broken link)
Finally!

Old 01-11-2011, 11:47 AM

205 posts, read 456,469 times
YES FINALLY!

And btw - I love how this thread just goes dead as soon as they get it done! :-)

Sure - It took WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY too long. But better late than never? And of all the things (some of which were really really crazy) to get downtown going again, this one seems to be the most on-target...

Old 08-10-2011, 12:01 AM

1,214 posts, read 2,323,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purdue512 View Post
YES FINALLY!

And btw - I love how this thread just goes dead as soon as they get it done! :-)

Sure - It took WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY too long. But better late than never?
Maybe we spoke too soon?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area