Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 03:41 PM

192 posts, read 530,336 times

Advertisements

Back to the OP if you’re looking for a town with a country feel you might want to look at Spencerport. If you just want good schools and a town with nice neighborhoods you should check out Brighton. Brighton has some really nice quiet neighborhoods, its very safe and close to amenities and it has great schools. With that being said it is an inner ring suburb, if you want to be further away from the city Pittsford would also be a good choice all though it tends to be a bit ritzier.

Last edited by Corrion14621; 10-09-2011 at 04:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2011, 03:53 PM

192 posts, read 530,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garmin239 View Post
to be fair, places like Greece, Irondequoit, and Henrietta don't have centralized villages.
Some might argue that Irondequoit’s town center is the area around Titus and Cooper that’s defiantly the main drag although its not the same as the proper town centers/villages that some of the other towns have. As for the other areas you’re absolutely right. My point was just that Webster really isn’t all that unique you can find farmer’s markets, quiet neighborhoods, and nice lakeshore property in half the towns around here.

Old 10-09-2011, 06:39 PM

466 posts, read 981,929 times
Webster is a great town and I'd highly recommend it. I worked in Webster with many children, families and the school district and can tell you first hand that you will not regret moving there.

It's a good school district, the parents are involved and the families were very nice.

Old 10-09-2011, 07:19 PM

19 posts, read 35,678 times
Thanks everyone for the replies. Honestly, I'm not looking for too much excitement. My husband and I both served in the military and have seen our share of exciting places. We are ready to settle down and raise a family, and Webster seemed like a nice place to do so. We'll do some more research, but another perk of Webster is that it seems to be the closest of all the Rochester towns, to Oswego, which is where my family lives.

Old 10-11-2011, 11:22 AM

6,297 posts, read 16,088,107 times
It seems in every region, there's a suburb of snobby people who think their suburb is the best EVER.

In Rochester, that's Pittsford. So take everything you hear about it with a grain of salt.

Greece is a very nice place to live, too. The people who say otherwise have never lived there.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:17 PM

466 posts, read 981,929 times
Let's be honest, you really can't go wrong with any suburb in Rochester. Collectively, Rochester's suburbs are extremely nice. I can't think of any town I really would not want to live in.

Old 10-12-2011, 07:04 AM

205 posts, read 456,368 times
I agree. If you like suburban living, Rochester has a BUNCH of great ones. Hard to go wrong here.

Old 10-13-2011, 07:52 AM

93,160 posts, read 123,754,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WldChrry View Post
Thanks everyone for the replies. Honestly, I'm not looking for too much excitement. My husband and I both served in the military and have seen our share of exciting places. We are ready to settle down and raise a family, and Webster seemed like a nice place to do so. We'll do some more research, but another perk of Webster is that it seems to be the closest of all the Rochester towns, to Oswego, which is where my family lives.
What about Ontario in Wayne County? Route 104 runs through it and it is still close enough to Rochester. Like others have said, you can't go wrong with any suburb in the Rochester area.

Old 10-15-2011, 05:48 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,376,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WldChrry View Post
And there is always their slogan: "Webster: Where life is worth living!" How can one go wrong with that attitude?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area