U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-06-2012, 06:50 PM

3,959 posts, read 3,213,561 times

Advertisements

Does the Rochester area have any towns like Elbridge? Small. Lots of old houses on decent lots that are under $200K? Within 30-45 minutes to the main necessities in Rochester, Dewitt, etc?

I haven't been to Rochester, but am going to the Eastman Kodak house this summer on my way up to Albany from SC. Yup, taking the scenic route! I've always wanted to see Rochester, but those Finger Lakes are a trap. You can't get out of them! Especially once you hit the wine trails....lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 08:08 PM
Status: "Write the vision and make it plain" (set 11 days ago)

31,563 posts, read 37,289,257 times
I'm thinking that places like LeRoy, Caledonia, Palmyra, Scottsville(Wheatland) and other similarly rural/small town areas just outside of the suburban communities would work. What's cool about Elbridge is that nearby Auburn can fulfill quite a few needs eventhough it is in the same county as Syracuse.

Old 04-07-2012, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I'm thinking that places like LeRoy, Caledonia, Palmyra, Scottsville(Wheatland) and other similarly rural/small town areas just outside of the suburban communities would work. What's cool about Elbridge is that nearby Auburn can fulfill quite a few needs eventhough it is in the same county as Syracuse.
Skaneateles would be our dream come true, but I don't want to pay the prices they demand for houses nor taxes. Now, if we won the Mega Millions and $640
million then life would be different, but I'm not counting on it. You have to actually buy the tickets to win right?

I like Elbridge for being a small, somewhat rural community, but it's really close to Syracuse and Auburn. While Auburn isn't nearly the size of Syracuse, you also don't have to deal with the great number of people. For everyday things, Auburn is fine. Hey, they even have a Wegmen's!

ckhthankgod - I was hoping you'd respond to this thread! I had a feeling you were the guy in the know. Thanks!

Old 04-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Status: "Write the vision and make it plain" (set 11 days ago)

31,563 posts, read 37,289,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Skaneateles would be our dream come true, but I don't want to pay the prices they demand for houses nor taxes. Now, if we won the Mega Millions and $640
million then life would be different, but I'm not counting on it. You have to actually buy the tickets to win right?

I like Elbridge for being a small, somewhat rural community, but it's really close to Syracuse and Auburn. While Auburn isn't nearly the size of Syracuse, you also don't have to deal with the great number of people. For everyday things, Auburn is fine. Hey, they even have a Wegmen's!

ckhthankgod - I was hoping you'd respond to this thread! I had a feeling you were the guy in the know. Thanks!
Another place in the Rochester area that may work is Geneseo. It has a SUNY campus and a Wegmans. A trip to Henrietta for shopping isn't too far away either.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:48 PM

192 posts, read 215,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Another place in the Rochester area that may work is Geneseo. It has a SUNY campus and a Wegmans. A trip to Henrietta for shopping isn't too far away either.
Good advice Geneseo is a nice town, whenever Iím out there I always try to stop by the abbey and pick up a loaf of monkís bread

Old 04-10-2012, 12:34 PM

Who is the cable provider for the Rochester area? I know Time Warner is in Syracuse and Albany. Man, I miss them. They were amazing compared to what I have here in SC. Is FIOS in the Rochester area?

Old 04-14-2012, 07:54 PM

1,333 posts, read 393,661 times
Get DIRECT TV....a much better deal than time warner...they suck and they are over priced.

Old 04-14-2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
Get DIRECT TV....a much better deal than time warner...they suck and they are over priced.
That doesn't answer the question. Not interested in satellite tv. We only have cable for our internet connection. We both work form home and need high speed access. We also watch tv through the internet. We don't actually have cable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area