Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 03:01 AM

33 posts, read 57,539 times

Advertisements

Constant hot weather isn't as much fun as it sounds, believe me. Sometimes you dream of seeing a little snow or steam coming from your mouth.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:54 AM

45 posts, read 80,381 times
We have THREE months that average into the 70's (for HIGH temps). I would MUCH rather live in a southern climate and Im sure many here would. And no comments on the caps please.

Old 05-15-2012, 10:24 AM

466 posts, read 981,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crustyanus View Post
We have THREE months that average into the 70's (for HIGH temps). I would MUCH rather live in a southern climate and Im sure many here would. And no comments on the caps please.
Would I like Rochester to be a bit warmer? Sure. No doubt. But no place is perfect. If you move down south, the weather will be warmer, but there will be a half dozen other things you'll find you hate. That's just how it works.

The reality is, I have a good job here, family, friends and I find the area very nice. That's what's important. Not having heat beat down on me 10 months of the year. I have better priorities.

And for the record, Rochester has 4 months that average a high of at least 70, and a 5th that's 68.

Old 05-15-2012, 02:42 PM

Actually, Hawaii is perfect in my opinion, (as far as temp. ) or closest to it. But, i would never live there cause it's so expensive. What you mentioned above is usually the case for most people and their reason for not relocating. Unfortunately , the only thing that keeps me here is job (for now). My family is looney and friendships can be reestablished. Very good on the average temps. the sad thing is only one month averages over 80 (and its only 81). Don't get me wrong. I don't like it 100 and humid. I just can't take these Rochester winters any more. They are just too damn long! I would much rather sweat than freeze.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:22 PM

I guess the Lilac festival would have been nice to go to tonight except that it's too COLD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garmin239 View Post
If you think there is nothing to do here, there is something seriously wrong with you. There is plenty to do.
I've been riding my bike for a few months now, both mountain and road. If you stay inside half the year, that's your problem. Normal, fit people are out much longer.
The overweight comment is just laughable.
The post reads like it was written by a highschooler. You should try leaving the house sometime. There is a whole world out there.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:31 PM

466 posts, read 981,929 times
Now these guys truly are trolling for a reaction. Time to flag these posters/ignore them or whatever. If you ignore them, they eventually go away.

What kind of a lame life you do lead, where you come onto a message board of a city you hate to constantly complain about it? I think that epitomizes the definition of "lame".

Old 05-16-2012, 05:38 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,583,651 times
"My Settings"..."Edit Ignore List"... "Add Member"....VOILA!

Old 05-16-2012, 05:48 PM

Denial , denial , denial.....

Old 05-16-2012, 08:31 PM

3,235 posts, read 8,712,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crustyanus View Post
I guess the Lilac festival would have been nice to go to tonight except that it's too COLD.
funny. I was biking in shorts.. It wasn't bad at all , minus the few minutes of rain earlier.. I see you ignored all of the other activities I mentioned.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:00 PM

More power to you. I would have to wear tights or at least knee warmers if I went out today. Seriously, I was instigating and having fun about not having things to do here. Rochester is not that bad for outdoor activities. But, I only like to do them when it's warmer. Doing a lot of the things you mentioned can get $ also. I really wish we had a nice beach though (which is always free). My son is 17 and he didnt want to go to the festival either cause its cold out (to us). Believe it or not, some people up here do get cold when its in the 50's and 60's. Actually, if you took one of the nice beaches from the south with their climate and put it here, I would be a very happy camper! The long cold/cool climate just makes me miserable as it does to many others. Ever heard of SAD?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area