Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 08:03 PM

308 posts, read 465,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crustyanus View Post
We have THREE months that average into the 70's (for HIGH temps). I would MUCH rather live in a southern climate and Im sure many here would. And no comments on the caps please.
Last I heard, it is still a free country. Move. Or stay and complain some more.

For some, the weather isn't Rochester's strong point. Others love it. I certainly appreciate it more now and miss the diverse weather, lightning, snow, fall & spring. My climate for the last 20 years is simply dry in the summer and occasional rain in the winter. Kind of boring but it has it's obvious perks. The problem is that with few exceptions, the warmer climates typically involve moving to the south or Arizona. All a nonstarter in my book.

Weather aside, for all it's negatives, Rochester hands down is more desireable than the south.

But, no one is forced to live in a specific area. Moving is an option.

Old 05-20-2012, 07:42 AM

45 posts, read 80,256 times
Ill stay and complain some more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbnsf View Post
Last I heard, it is still a free country. Move. Or stay and complain some more.

For some, the weather isn't Rochester's strong point. Others love it. I certainly appreciate it more now and miss the diverse weather, lightning, snow, fall & spring. My climate for the last 20 years is simply dry in the summer and occasional rain in the winter. Kind of boring but it has it's obvious perks. The problem is that with few exceptions, the warmer climates typically involve moving to the south or Arizona. All a nonstarter in my book.

Weather aside, for all it's negatives, Rochester hands down is more desireable than the south.

But, no one is forced to live in a specific area. Moving is an option.

Old 05-21-2012, 11:51 PM

52 posts, read 87,826 times
Soon I am relocating to Calgary, Canada due to work.
Damned cold, however due to my love of movies I am making a spare room into a HT so one the coldest nights I will not have to go out. Problem solved.

Old 05-25-2012, 03:17 PM

1,030 posts, read 3,075,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crustyanus View Post
Bajan, Ill switch with you. Defenitely looking at moving south. At least to SCarolina, Florida would be nicer. Im with Matt. This place sucks!!!!! The only thing keeping me here is my job working at Wegmans warehouse. Killer job in a **** climate! Move down south and I know it will be the opposite. Making great money and I don't even care anymore! That's how bad this place is! There is no beach! Nothing to do here. Big deal , you have the four seasons. Keep em! All those warmer days are just teasers that make you snap back to reality. i cant even ride my bike to work. Youre stuck inside your house more than half the year. Its like jail! No offense, but most of the people that dont mind as much are overweight. I would much rather have an endless summer!
Explain to how the obesity epidemic has hit the south far more than the north......

Old 05-25-2012, 04:39 PM

192 posts, read 529,472 times
holy f*** man, how did this troll get a 7+ page thread?

Old 05-25-2012, 05:50 PM

Envy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrion14621 View Post
holy f*** man, how did this troll get a 7+ page thread?

Old 05-25-2012, 05:58 PM

I dont care what the stats say. All I know is that whenever I am in the south (Florida specifically), I see gorgeous women that are in great shape (even the older ones). Here , they're all fatties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZinniaDreamer View Post
Explain to how the obesity epidemic has hit the south far more than the north......

Old 05-25-2012, 05:59 PM

There. That should be good for a few more pages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area