Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 07:14 PM

45 posts, read 80,381 times

Advertisements

Bajan, Ill switch with you. Defenitely looking at moving south. At least to SCarolina, Florida would be nicer. Im with Matt. This place sucks!!!!! The only thing keeping me here is my job working at Wegmans warehouse. Killer job in a **** climate! Move down south and I know it will be the opposite. Making great money and I don't even care anymore! That's how bad this place is! There is no beach! Nothing to do here. Big deal , you have the four seasons. Keep em! All those warmer days are just teasers that make you snap back to reality. i cant even ride my bike to work. Youre stuck inside your house more than half the year. Its like jail! No offense, but most of the people that dont mind as much are overweight. I would much rather have an endless summer!

Old 05-08-2012, 08:04 PM

3,235 posts, read 8,712,440 times
If you think there is nothing to do here, there is something seriously wrong with you. There is plenty to do.
I've been riding my bike for a few months now, both mountain and road. If you stay inside half the year, that's your problem. Normal, fit people are out much longer.
The overweight comment is just laughable.
The post reads like it was written by a highschooler. You should try leaving the house sometime. There is a whole world out there.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:18 PM

466 posts, read 981,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crustyanus View Post
Bajan, Ill switch with you. Defenitely looking at moving south. At least to SCarolina, Florida would be nicer. Im with Matt. This place sucks!!!!! The only thing keeping me here is my job working at Wegmans warehouse. Killer job in a **** climate! Move down south and I know it will be the opposite. Making great money and I don't even care anymore! That's how bad this place is! There is no beach! Nothing to do here. Big deal , you have the four seasons. Keep em! All those warmer days are just teasers that make you snap back to reality. i cant even ride my bike to work. Youre stuck inside your house more than half the year. Its like jail! No offense, but most of the people that dont mind as much are overweight. I would much rather have an endless summer!
I really like exclamation points!!

Old 05-08-2012, 08:18 PM

Enlighten me. What is there to do? i am 165 pounds 5'10" and workout all the time. I do weights 3x week and 100's of miles on the bike each month (mostly inside on a trainer because well.... you know. )I would like to ride my bike to work in the morning (7am) but its been around 40 degrees recently. Thats cold to most people. Even 60 is cold to me. That's one of the reasons I dont like it here. There is nothing wrong with me physically. I'm sure a lot of people wear a jacket when it's 60, right?

Old 05-08-2012, 08:20 PM

466 posts, read 981,929 times
Quote:
Are you seriously criticizing people from Rochester being overweight while advocating living in the south? Holy crap. That is so easy to pick apart it's not even worth it. How old are you, 14?

Old 05-08-2012, 08:42 PM

I'm saying most people that are comfortable in climates like this are overweight. The thinner people get colder easier. That's all.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:13 AM

3,235 posts, read 8,712,440 times
Quote:
Enlighten me. What is there to do? i am 165 pounds 5'10" and workout all the time. I do weights 3x week and 100's of miles on the bike each month (mostly inside on a trainer because well.... you know. )I would like to ride my bike to work in the morning (7am) but its been around 40 degrees recently. Thats cold to most people. Even 60 is cold to me. That's one of the reasons I dont like it here. There is nothing wrong with me physically. I'm sure a lot of people wear a jacket when it's 60, right?
You are seriously asking what there is to do? Do you live under a rock????
You like to bike, there are a number of meetups. Taco Tuesdays, urban assault, etc.
Adult sports leagues, restaurants, bars, clubs, concerts, festivals, museums, art galleries, knighthawks, red wings, amerks, rhinos..... I mean do I really have to name off everything to do? The paper has a number of things listed each week.
No, 60 is not that cold. I was wearing a t shirt last night and it was around 60. I'm around the same weight and height as you and don't get wimpy in the cold so no it's not overweight people who mind the climate.

Old 05-09-2012, 07:46 AM

5,265 posts, read 16,583,651 times
Quote:
I'm saying most people that are comfortable in climates like this are overweight. The thinner people get colder easier. That's all.
I am the same weight as you and 3 inches taller....60 does not feel cold to me and I am comfortable in this regions climate most of the time. It is going to be in the high 60's today and around 70 for the next week. By most people's standards, those are very comfortable and even ideal temperatures (room temperature). If you think that is "too cold" then I would suggest moving to the equator or something. Even in the Carolinas (I lived in Raleigh for 13 years).... Winter temps are highs in the 40s/50s lows in the 20s/30s.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:17 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,844,406 times
Just curious...why did you move from Raleigh back to Rochester...what about it didn't you like?

Old 05-09-2012, 05:22 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,583,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
Just curious...why did you move from Raleigh back to Rochester...what about it didn't you like?
We mostly moved back to be near family again. But that was an underlying issue that was brought out by how annoyed we had become with the school systems down there, the ridiculous way that the unchecked growth was going and how much more expensive the area was becoming as a result of that population growth (which was outpacing job growth even before the recession...recipe for disaster); and the miserable summers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area