Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 08:24 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,882,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorRock25 View Post
Connecticut, way better. More opportunities, nicer people, more fun places to go, more jobs, just better. I called my grandmother the other day and Rochester was hit with a nasty storm. We had some snow, but the weather overall is nice and sunny here!
Connecticut people are nicer than Rochester people? Really? I'd like to hear more about that one....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2014, 08:53 AM

270 posts, read 466,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
It's great that is has worked for you so far. It doesn't work for everyone.

I know because I lived in SC for 2 1/2 years and hated it a few months after I moved there. I didn't live in a large city or on the coast like you. I do not like large cities and wasn't interested in living on the coast.

I moved back to NY as soon as the opportunity was presented. Far happier here than I ever was in SC. I am not originally from this part of NY either. I didn't want to move back to the Albany area. I'm very glad I didn't. I really do enjoy living in the ROC region. There's plenty here to keep me busy and I don't ever have to go to a large city to get what I need!
If you are busy then why are you here posting all the time. You cannot learn much by living in a place for only 2.5 years. Rochester is a terrible place to live especially for young people with ambitious. It is however a place for people who enjoy high property taxes, love to extreme harsh weather and people don't have much outlook in life. I am sure you are enjoying this winter with record low temperature and nasty snow storms.

Last edited by bellafinzi; 01-28-2014 at 04:21 PM.. Reason: baiting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area