U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 01:08 PM

4 posts, read 6,543 times

Advertisements

I need some advice on dealing with a drug house nearby.

We have tried talking to the landlord, reporting it to the neighborhood association, and calling 911 once per day when we see activity.

After the 911 call usually a squad car will slowly drive down the street and let the dealers scatter in all directions.

No one really seems interested in stopping the drug activity or provide any solutions.

In the meantime, the operation has grown more and more, with more people being involved.

Normally I wouldnt mind, if it hadnt been for the instances of the dealers initiating intimidating conversations with members of my family. My kids wont go outside, and my wife cant walk the dog alone anymore.

The only logical advice I have been given is to move out of the city, and flee to the burbs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 01:33 PM

56,088 posts, read 80,174,891 times
Is there a neighborhood watch? Can have a neighborhood meeting with the police? Is there a neighborhood association? What about documentation of events?

Old 08-07-2012, 01:37 PM

3,234 posts, read 7,599,888 times
Neighborhood watch, move to a different neighborhood, take pics...The best bet is to have a very active community with neighbors out all the time. Lots of activity outdoors is a great deterrent.

Old 08-07-2012, 06:19 PM

120 posts, read 289,161 times
Ditto about getting other neighbors involved. There is strength in numbers. do you have at least one neighbor you can band together with? We were having issues in our neighborhood about 6 years ago so we started a neighborhood group. We never incorporated but we met with police and had an outside meeting. We flyered the neighborhood. We had meetings every couple of months. A number of us joined PAC TAC. We had block parties for a few years. We went on to other activities but what came out of this was neighbors meeting neighbors and knowing who each other were. Some of us became friends some of us didn't but we all watched out for each other (and still do, it's just that's I've just relocated out of state).

So when we had a drug house many neighbors called 911. There were those of us that would go outside and take down license plate numbers of "customers". Some may say that was fool hearty but we didn't think so and it worked. That house got shut down. Again, strength in numbers. Just calling isn't going to do it, you HAVE to get involved and engage others. Yes, it's a lot of work, but to us it was worth it and at the end of the day we had any number of neighbors that we could count on and that could count on us.

Old 10-30-2018, 02:10 PM

1 posts, read 812 times
Angry Drug houses / north good man plaza

Well we need more rochester police in the webster ave and north goodman street plaza it is drug sales here in the north goodman street plaza people be sitting in their cars waiting for drug sales it be like random cars and these locations here at 34 ackerman street and 5 diamond place and every person that lived at 306 webster ave has been selling drugs here not one lives here now and the projects next to 306 webster ave it be drug sales in their to and 5 diamond place this is a drug house here all right look into these locations and these ransom cars that people be sitting at these spots they sit across from 306 webster ave to so investigate these locations thank you. Rochester , new york

Old 10-30-2018, 04:51 PM

This would help: City of Rochester | Drug Hotline - City of Rochester

Old 11-03-2018, 03:14 PM

303 posts, read 359,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbril View Post
I need some advice on dealing with a drug house nearby.

The only logical advice I have been given is to move out of the city, and flee to the burbs.
Throwing the baby out with the bathwater? Fleeing the city seems a little excessive given there are many places in the city that doesn't have these problems.

Old 11-30-2018, 01:28 PM

1,243 posts, read 716,532 times
Whereabouts is this?

Old 12-21-2018, 03:57 PM

61 posts, read 16,064 times
Unfortunately, Rochester is a Sanctuary City. So the police aren't doing anything about the drug dealers and their employers. Your best bet is to contact Sheriff Todd Baxter himself he will investigate and work to put the criminals behind bars and deport their employers.

Old 12-21-2018, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A14626mom View Post
Unfortunately, Rochester is a Sanctuary City. So the police aren't doing anything about the drug dealers and their employers. Your best bet is to contact Sheriff Todd Baxter himself he will investigate and work to put the criminals behind bars and deport their employers.
One doesn’t have to do with the other...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area