Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 10:59 AM

3,235 posts, read 8,712,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityLight View Post
What a hypocrite! You are the one who wanted to leave Upstate NY for Philly with your tight 250k buget ( you are the one who started this thread What can I get for 250k ). Looks like you are stuck in Upstate NY.. I give rorytmeadows credits for trying to improve himself and trying to take actions for his current situation. Garmin, I don't mean to be rude but trying to provide you some information to consider if you still want to help yourself. I think Delaware is a good fit due to its geographic location, cheap housing and no sales tax. I would look into Hockessin DE which is a pretty good neighborhood right outside of Wilmington. Delaware is in close proximities to NYC, NJ, Philly , Baltimore and even DC where there are a lot of jobs. Take care!
not really. I was briefly entertaining the idea of moving to Philly after a potential promotion came up. It is not like I was actively looking to leave the area for no good reason. That fell through and I got the promotion in Rochester anyways. Delaware does not interest me and does not have jobs in my field. The only place where I move up easier than I would be able to here is DC and I have no interest in living there after spending extensive time there for work. I have been able to advance myself here and am happy.
Try again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2013, 11:31 AM

289 posts, read 399,582 times
Lets play You're Putting Me On.

Contestant number 1 what is your name Rorytmeadows.
Contestant number 2 what is your name Rorytmeadows
Contestant number 3 what is your name Rorytmeadows.

Contestant number 1 tell us about yourself- I hate Rochester.
Contestant number 2 tell us about yourself -I'm moving to Charleston.
Contestant number 3 tell us about yourself- I have professor's over for dinner.
Will the real Rorytmeadows please stand up.

Now since this thread is lightened up. Spring is in the air. What are you planning for spring. Will this be a hot or cool summer?

Old 03-12-2013, 11:33 AM

130 posts, read 275,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garmin239 View Post
not really. I was briefly entertaining the idea of moving to Philly after a potential promotion came up. It is not like I was actively looking to leave the area for no good reason. That fell through and I got the promotion in Rochester anyways. Delaware does not interest me and does not have jobs in my field. The only place where I move up easier than I would be able to here is DC and I have no interest in living there after spending extensive time there for work. I have been able to advance myself here and am happy.
Try again.
Listen, I am really trying to help but you need not to be in denial. You have been in denial for all these years and I think it is time for a change. I don't know if you really got promoted but only yourself can answer that. It is very hard to believe how one spends so much time online and still get promoted. You never know who you will run into online and I am open to help you network with others but you need to be honest to yourself first.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:10 PM

S

Old 03-12-2013, 12:29 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,315,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlook View Post
Lets play You're Putting Me On.

Contestant number 1 what is your name Rorytmeadows.
Contestant number 2 what is your name Rorytmeadows
Contestant number 3 what is your name Rorytmeadows.

Contestant number 1 tell us about yourself- I hate Rochester.
Contestant number 2 tell us about yourself -I'm moving to Charleston.
Contestant number 3 tell us about yourself- I have professor's over for dinner.
Will the real Rorytmeadows please stand up.

Now since this thread is lightened up. Spring is in the air. What are you planning for spring. Will this be a hot or cool summer?
?

The "r" in rorytmeadows is never capitalized.

Yes, it's a brand!

Old 03-12-2013, 12:47 PM

Lol duly noted.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:49 PM

Maybe you should put a circle around the r.

Old 03-12-2013, 01:01 PM

270 posts, read 468,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garmin239 View Post
Try again.
Garmin, I have been reading your lame excuses for all these years. Are you saying you were looking for housing before you were given a promotion? In my humble opinion, you would be much happier if you made that move. I am just sharing my personal experience with you and I hope you can start to think outside of the box.

Old 03-12-2013, 01:05 PM

130 posts, read 275,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
?

The "r" in rorytmeadows is never capitalized.

Yes, it's a brand!
Good catch!

Old 03-12-2013, 01:11 PM

Hahahahahahhahhahahahahahaha.
LM*O. I feel like I'm reading a transcript from a doctor Phil show
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area