U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-04-2013, 05:30 PM
 
3,234 posts, read 7,610,581 times
Reputation: 2693

Advertisements

Finger Lakes Visitors Connection - Tourism Statistics - Ontario County’s Lake Country, New York

if you scroll down it will show that NY makes up around 50% of the visitors to the Ontario county area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-04-2013, 05:42 PM
 
Location: Don't Know Lost GPS Signal
289 posts, read 338,340 times
Reputation: 231
Are you suggesting Ontario Co makes up 50 % of NYS tourism?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2013, 05:52 PM
 
3,234 posts, read 7,610,581 times
Reputation: 2693
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlook View Post
Are you suggesting Ontario Co makes up 50 % of NYS tourism?
No I am not
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2013, 05:56 PM
 
Location: Charleston, SC metro
3,518 posts, read 4,388,117 times
Reputation: 1386
Quote:
Originally Posted by garmin239 View Post
Finger Lakes Visitors Connection - Tourism Statistics - Ontario County’s Lake Country, New York

if you scroll down it will show that NY makes up around 50% of the visitors to the Ontario county area.
I love how they don't tell you how many the percentages are. Typical marketing spin. Percentages are worthless without a real count. Also, statistics that are more than one Census interval old is laughable.

Visitors also doesn't specify people that actively come to an area for the County. People visiting family looking for something to do shouldn't be counted, but are usually added for marketing padding. Lilac Festival organizers do the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2013, 06:02 PM
 
3,234 posts, read 7,610,581 times
Reputation: 2693
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
I love how they don't tell you how many the percentages are. Typical marketing spin. Percentages are worthless without a real count. Also, statistics that are more than one Census interval old is laughable.

Visitors also doesn't specify people that actively come to an area for the County. People visiting family looking for something to do shouldn't be counted, but are usually added for marketing padding. Lilac Festival organizers do the same thing.
ok, if you have some sort of evidence to the contrary , show it. You are always putting everything down without supporting your case. Show me there is a significant amount of people there "just visiting family"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2013, 06:23 PM
 
Location: Don't Know Lost GPS Signal
289 posts, read 338,340 times
Reputation: 231
Well I have a family of 1400 visitin lol

Nobody can really put down the finger lakes. They truly are a nice place to visit.

I just think Rochester is over blown as a place to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2013, 06:28 PM
 
3,234 posts, read 7,610,581 times
Reputation: 2693
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlook View Post
Well I have a family of 1400 visitin lol

Nobody can really put down the finger lakes. They truly are a nice place to visit.

I just think Rochester is over blown as a place to live.
1400! That sounds like that would be a fun party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2013, 06:36 PM
 
56,264 posts, read 80,446,330 times
Reputation: 12413
Umm, it is called DestinyUSA, by the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2013, 06:37 PM
 
Location: Don't Know Lost GPS Signal
289 posts, read 338,340 times
Reputation: 231
Lol unless your feeding them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2013, 06:41 PM
 
3,234 posts, read 7,610,581 times
Reputation: 2693
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlook View Post
Lol unless your feeding them.
wow, I thought getting food organized for 150 people was bad. That has to be rough!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:45 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top