U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 03:18 PM

79 posts, read 168,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
I'm not sure if it's being happier or more comfortable, less stressed or more humble, but I still feel the same way inside. I'm just not more apt to express it. I still feel people who live up there are naive as hell, but now I just feel more sorry for you than angry. But I have no motivation to express it to those people anymore. It's just, "sorry, have fun with all of that". Now I view it as sad, instead of stupid.

So....yeah...I guess...in summation.......

...have fun with all of that...
All of my friends who left Rochester have all felt the same way as you. Have fun at the beach!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 10:04 AM

12,304 posts, read 10,706,868 times
I left the Albany area and couldn't wait to get out of dodge so we built a new house in SC. It wasn't 3 months before I wanted to go home. So 2 1/2 years later we abandoned ship and moved to the FLX. We're both happier here than we've ever been. We wish we moved here to begin with now, but we had lessons to learn in SC. Some of those lessons prepped us for living in a small community and not having all the big box stuff all over like we did in Albany. And honestly, life is happier for us like this. Love being able to walk to the lake whenever we want and have an ice cream.

The Carolinas do work for some and not so much for others. I know several families on my street who moved within 3 years of building their houses. They all moved back to their home states in the northeast and midwest. I have friends who are stuck there because of jobs and would give anything to move back north. Some thing they miss which never occurred to them is that their children will never experience snow. Sounds silly to some, but many people do have funny in the snow as children. Even now a good snowball fight is a blast!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area