U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2013, 06:52 AM

56,609 posts, read 80,890,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrysong18 View Post
So, I really like this house in Sodus Point. I know it's probably not a Jewish area, as my boyfriend said he saw a lot of churches, but do you think I would be safe there? If so, how far would the nearest temple be? Thanks again.
I think you would be fine and the nearest temple would be in Geneva.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2013, 07:33 AM

270 posts, read 391,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I think you would be fine and the nearest temple would be in Geneva.
What are you talking about? Have you ever been to Sodus Point? Why you travel 30 miles away just to go to a temple?

Old 04-11-2013, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superleggera View Post
What are you talking about? Have you ever been to Sodus Point? Why you travel 30 miles away just to go to a temple?
Yes, I have been to Sodus Point. It is the closest temple, as you just drive down Route 14. Perhaps the temple in Penfield is closer, but not by much, if at all.

BTW- You aren't fooling anyone with the different/simultaneous account.

To the OP, what about Webster? It would put you in between where most of the temples are and his work, as well as offering areas with more space. Property Search Results

Perinton/Fairport could possibly work as well: Property Search Results

Walworth could too: Property Search Results

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 04-11-2013 at 08:39 AM..

Old 04-11-2013, 12:14 PM

75 posts, read 95,295 times
Quote:
Is it still a nice/safe area?

Old 04-11-2013, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Is it still a nice/safe area?
Yes...... http://www.city-data.com/city/Sodus-Point-New-York.html

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 04-11-2013 at 01:47 PM..

Old 04-11-2013, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Thanks. Still checking out the options, but this one in Sodus Point is really nice.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:13 PM

Quote:
I believe OP is looking for actual living experience.

Sodus point is a nice community but it is a little bit isolated. It is safe and quite! Winter time could be a little rough at times so you might want to stock up prior to a winter storm. OP, where are you currently located?

Old 04-11-2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:
I believe OP is looking for actual living experience.

Sodus point is a nice community but it is a little bit isolated. It is safe and quite! Winter time could be a little rough at times so you might want to stock up prior to a winter storm. OP, where are you currently located?
I'm currently living in Maryland. I'm graduating in May and moving up North because that's where my boyfriend works. It's fine if it is isolated, I don't like to drive with a lot of cars! I just want to make sure that I can go outside without worrying or have a menorah in my window without having to worry about hatred (I guess I'm a bit paranoid).

Old 04-11-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
I'm currently living in Maryland. I'm graduating in May and moving up North because that's where my boyfriend works. It's fine if it is isolated, I don't like to drive with a lot of cars! I just want to make sure that I can go outside without worrying or have a menorah in my window without having to worry about hatred (I guess I'm a bit paranoid).
Congratulations on your upcoming graduation! It could be a romantic place especially strolling along the shore and watching that sunset. Are you guys getting married soon? It is not a fun place if you are single as most of the area in Upstate NY are very family oriented. Where will you be working?

Old 04-11-2013, 08:19 PM

Quote:
You don't have to worry about too many cars in Sodus/Sodus Point. Very rural area right by Lake Ontario. Some people have cottage there as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area