U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2013, 07:17 AM

56,341 posts, read 80,600,035 times

Advertisements

http://www.actrochester.org/sites/de...ort%20Card.pdf

You can find more here: Data and Trends in Quality of Life for Greater Rochester Region | Data and Trends in Quality of Life for Greater Rochester Region

What do you think about this information?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2013, 03:56 PM

55 posts, read 106,390 times
Hard to believe that Rochester's arts, culture, and leisure is 10% or more worse than New York state as a whole.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:10 PM

12,304 posts, read 10,727,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJLink View Post
Hard to believe that Rochester's arts, culture, and leisure is 10% or more worse than New York state as a whole.
Remember, NYC is included in NYS. They have way more in terms of museums, theaters, etc than the rest of the state.

A couple of things stood out to me. One being the infant mortality rate. I was just speaking to someone who works at several hospitals who is a L&D nurse. She said there are many Amish and Mennonites who who deliver stillborn babies and babies who die soon after birth and it's because they don't have prenatal care. The babies are delivered at home by members of their community and the mom is only brought to the hospital when something severe has happened. She said she sees this happen at least once a month.

The lead doesn't surprise me because of the age of the homes in the area. And many have renters in them so the owner's may not be taking care of things. When I say landlord's I'm also including the cities who have low income housing. Often times, those places aren't maintained at all unfortunately.

We're less religious out here. And that's a negative how? In the grand scheme of life, what does it matter? If you are religious, you'll find people who believe as you and if you're not religious, you're fine.

For all but 2 school topics, the area is better off than the rest of the state. Heck, they even make it sound like those collecting Social Security are a negative! Sure, let's been mean to the older folks who worked and paid into the system who are now collecting that small check every month.

I'll sleep just fine tonight. Most of these things on this list don't really impact my life one way or another. I'm happy where I am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area