Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2013, 01:43 PM

12 posts, read 30,400 times

Advertisements

I've seen some good rates in Maplewood, but doing a search here some have said Maplewood perhaps isn't the safest - is that accurate?

I'm living in Corn Hill now - there have been a few issues, breaking into cars and such, not really interested in staying here with that in mind

Any advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2013, 03:00 PM

93,197 posts, read 123,783,345 times
What about Northland-Lyceum? Northland-Lyceum - Rochester Wiki

Old 10-20-2013, 03:57 PM

93,197 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
What about Northland-Lyceum? Northland-Lyceum - Rochester Wiki
What about looking into Charlotte too: Charlotte - Rochester Wiki

Here is some information on Maplewood: Maplewood - Rochester Wiki

Old 10-23-2013, 03:29 PM
mwr

85 posts, read 140,114 times
What kind of areas are you interested in. By "within Rochester" do you mean the city? How about Southwedge or Browncroft area? Highland Park? Upper Monroe?

Old 10-23-2013, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwr View Post
What kind of areas are you interested in. By "within Rochester" do you mean the city? How about Southwedge or Browncroft area? Highland Park? Upper Monroe?
Yeah I do.

We're currently looking at South Wedge, Park ave, and staying in Corn Hill in a better area (we don't want to stay in the same area with the issues we've had)

I don't know anything about Browncroft or Upper Monroe, are those nice areas?

Also - I don't care about school districts, no children.

Old 10-23-2013, 07:57 PM

121 posts, read 240,209 times
I am pretty new to the area but Corn Hill seems geographically tiny. It seems like a move within it would be kind of pointless if you don't like the area.

I have done a lot of rental research recently. What is your budget? Bedrooms? Bathrooms? Commute important?

Upper Monroe is just east on Monroe ave past the 490. It is similar to monroe/park ave/swillburg - I like it.

Old 10-28-2013, 03:59 PM

97 posts, read 200,838 times
Browncroft and Upper Monroe are both VERY nice areas. While any neighborhood in the Southeast Quadrant is going to be a great place to live, if you're concerned about car break-ins, I would say that Browncroft might be best. The Cobbs Hill Neighborhood is another recommendation, although I'm not sure if there are too many apartments there.

The South Wedge has actually been having some crime issues lately to the extent that some residents are trying to form a crime prevention group. It was in the most recent City paper.

https://rocwiki.org/Southeast_Quadrant

Old 10-28-2013, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilmara View Post
Browncroft and Upper Monroe are both VERY nice areas. While any neighborhood in the Southeast Quadrant is going to be a great place to live, if you're concerned about car break-ins, I would say that Browncroft might be best. The Cobbs Hill Neighborhood is another recommendation, although I'm not sure if there are too many apartments there.

The South Wedge has actually been having some crime issues lately to the extent that some residents are trying to form a crime prevention group. It was in the most recent City paper.

https://rocwiki.org/Southeast_Quadrant
Yeah, we ended up staying away from South Wedge. We went with Park Ave area, the deal was too good to pass up. If the need arises to go apartment hunting again, I'll give Upper Monroe and Browncroft a serious look, we did this time as well.

It seems that a lot of even the better areas in Rochester have issues with minor theft and things like that, seems kind of unavoidable. From what I've read, the Park Ave area has issues with break ins as well, but considering it was a common occurrence in Corn Hill, guess it's not much of a difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area