U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 01:17 PM

389 posts, read 744,589 times

Advertisements

OP, I believe HowardRoarke was probably referring to the zipcode of the area to look in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2015, 10:42 PM

29 posts, read 33,653 times
I'm wondering what the area of 14626 in Greece is like. I'm going to spend a few days in Rochester to look at apartments and wondered if that would be worth my very limited time. I've heard that some areas of Greece are nice and others should be avoided, so I'm just wondering where this falls.
Thank you for any responses!

Last edited by olivia12nt; 03-22-2015 at 10:51 PM..

Old 03-23-2015, 08:05 AM

374 posts, read 258,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia12nt View Post
I'm wondering what the area of 14626 in Greece is like. I'm going to spend a few days in Rochester to look at apartments and wondered if that would be worth my very limited time. I've heard that some areas of Greece are nice and others should be avoided, so I'm just wondering where this falls.
Thank you for any responses!
I'm going to go ahead and say no. I grew up in Greece and still know plenty of people who live there, Greece has nothing going for it compared to some of the other areas of Rochester. 14626 is centered around the mall which I haven't been to in forever but don't hear the greatest things about at this point, and the rest of the area surrounding it is just other big box stores littering Ridge Road. Maybe you're into that kind of thing, but living somewhere like that would just suck the life out of me. If you actually want a "nice" area of Greece I'd shoot more northwest, but that takes you even farther from the city and actual stuff to do. I would suggest, to look on the southeast side of the city unless you are specifically trying to move into the suburbs. And if that's the case, you can likely find better areas than Greece.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:03 AM

1,466 posts, read 2,744,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeAtHeart View Post
OP, I believe HowardRoarke was probably referring to the zipcode of the area to look in.
14609 and 14610.

Old 03-23-2015, 10:19 PM

1,267 posts, read 968,910 times
I also agree with trying to stay in the SE part of the city if you can or in Penfield directly to the East which will put you relatively close to the city. UncleBenny most likely knows more about Greece than I do but it might be worthwhile just to check out anyways if you are already going to be in the area searching.

Old 03-24-2015, 12:22 AM

29 posts, read 33,653 times
Thanks guys!! Really appreciate it. I won't have tons of time, so I'm glad to be able to take one area off my list prior to being there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or