U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 11:39 PM

29 posts, read 34,647 times

Advertisements

I'm planning on moving to the Rochester area sometime this summer. (eeks-this summer!) I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to take time off of work to go and look at different areas. I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to specific apartment complexes that are nice…but not too nice…and not in a sketchy area. I'm going to be looking in the $600-upper $700 range. I don't have a huge preference as to in the city or on the outskirts…just not too much of an in the country vibe, would like to not have to drive too far to get into the city.

Any help any of you can give would be lovely! Thank you in advance. Oh, and please no people who hate the climate and area busting in on this and trying to dissuade. It's really the opposite of being helpful and sort of destructive to people who actually have plans and are excited about moving and starting over. Keep the negativity away please. Much appreciated.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2015, 12:02 AM

1,301 posts, read 1,055,691 times
If you want to be right in the heart of a great active neighborhood, the 300 Alexander apartments could be a great fit. You can get a studio for 775 but it is a really small studio. But it's a really fun neighborhood right on the corner of East Ave. and Alexander St.

Floor Plans :: Apartments in Rochester, NY :: 300 Alexander

Here's an apartment building in the Park Ave. area that you can get for in the 600's for a 1 bedroom. I actually lived in this apartment building back in my 20's and absolutely loved it. Right on the corner of Park and you can walk to Monroe Ave. too. It's also a very safe neighborhood:

292 Oxford Street #17, Rochester, NY 14607 - HotPads

This is a great suburban location if you want a suburb. It's in Brighton which is right outside of the city and a safe neighborhood as well and you can get a 1 bedroom for upper 700's.
Elmwood Court | Dawn Homes Realty Investor

Another option in Brighton as well:
Apartments in Rochester, New York | Brighton Gardens Apartments | Brighton, NY

And a little further out in the Suburbs putting you halfway between Rochester and Victor. This is about a 10 minute drive into the city and about 10 minute drive to Eastview Mall which is a very large shopping mall in Victor. Victor is about a 20 minute drive from the city.

Penfield Village Apartments for Rent - Penfield, NY Apartments | Apartment Finder

Old 01-05-2015, 12:14 AM

Thank you! (Totally forgot to mention 1 bedroom) The Oxford Street doesn't appear to be a listing anymore, at least on that link.

Old 01-05-2015, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia12nt View Post
Thank you! (Totally forgot to mention 1 bedroom) The Oxford Street doesn't appear to be a listing anymore, at least on that link.
Oh sorry...you're right. The listings are removed. The building might be full. Here's another apartment Also right off Park Ave on Barrington St and within walking distance of all the shops and restaurants on Park Ave. Barrington is a beautiful street too. It looks like they have 1 bedrooms in the 600-700's range.

Apartments in Rochester, New York | Barrington Apartments | Rochester, NY

Old 01-08-2015, 09:50 PM

1,623 posts, read 2,904,246 times
14609, east of Culver, the closer to Winton the better.

Good luck.

Old 01-11-2015, 11:10 AM

Thanks Howard but 14609 what? again, I'm from and in Calif and have only been there once…need specifics. Thank you though!

Old 01-11-2015, 11:35 AM

65,697 posts, read 91,569,867 times
This may help: Rochester NY apartment listing from the The Renters Guide.

Old 01-11-2015, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
THank you, was actually looking at that site earlier. I'm wondering about Webster…any opinions? does it get a little more harsh in terms of weather since it's so close to the lake? Nice area?

Old 01-11-2015, 04:05 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,705,213 times
Webster usually gets hammered more than the city or anywhere else west of Irondequoit bay, mainly due to their position relative to the shape of the lake shoreline. Anywhere east of the bay and north of I-90 typically get hits pretty hard in comparison to the rest of the Rochester area. Other than that, if you can deal with the winter weather, it's a nice town with a lot of money in most parts. However it does have its pockets of lower end living standards, so make sure you research the area you're interested in wisely.

Old 01-11-2015, 04:19 PM

Webster is a nice town. It has 44,000 people but it covers a very large area so with the exception of downtown in the village, it does feel a bit rural.But the downtown has that old time 1800's downtown feel to it. So if you don't mind a little bit rural feeling, then it is a great town to live in. Also even with that rural feel it still only about a 5-10 minute drive to downtown Rochester and about 10-15 minutes to the southern areas of the city, so you can quickly get into the city.

It is also one of the faster growing towns in the area. There has been a ton of construction going on in the town so lots of new apartments and homes are popping up. It is also really close to the lake so it's a real quick drive up. It is nice as well. It tends to lean more upper middle class but much more affordable then the affluent suburbs like Pittsford. It does get some more snow being so far north up near the lake too. But still not as bad as the next towns further east into Wayne County.

This park is on the lake in Webster and absolutely beautiful.
Parks Webster Park Page | Monroe County, NY

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area