U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 06:14 AM

1,021 posts, read 1,611,130 times

Advertisements

My exposure to the company, again through my wife, came specifically from the Bailey Rd location, and from people in other locations. I'm not saying it's an overall terrible place to work, as pretty much every large corporation is going to have it's bright spots where people are happy and low spots where people are miserable, but just giving words of caution based on my exposure to certain aspects of the company.

As far as the "stuffiness" you speak of, that was certainly prevalent at Bailey Rd, though my wife hasn't worked there for 4.5 years now so I don't know what it's currently like. I do know that pretty much the entire Bailey Rd location dress code while she was there was strictly enforced because of a VP that was there at the time, and he was quite a conservative, old school guy.

Again, your results may vary, just be cognizant of what you're getting in to
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2015, 07:41 PM

102 posts, read 244,179 times
Thank you for this post! It really came at an opportune time for me and I hope I can contribute. I was a Web Developer in the first dot com era and then took a break to go to RIT. I got my MFA in Computer Animation and left for LA to work in the film industry. I was a VFX artist for 8 years but returned to Web Development 2 years ago. Now, I'm looking to return to Rochester. I really like Roc and I miss being near family! I really appreciate the list of local companies doing Web Dev! I also wanted to remind the OP that the beauty of Web Development is that you can do it from anywhere (one of the big reasons I returned to it)! If, when you're ready to start looking for work in the industry, there isn't a good fit locally, there are companies that hire remotely as well. Here are 2 resources that I've been keeping an eye on:

Authentic Jobs ~ Full-time and freelance job opportunities for web, design, and creative professionals
Stack Overflow Careers

Both of these sites have a "remote" filter option. Best of luck to you in your new adventure! I loved my time at RIT and I hope you do as well!

Old 01-14-2015, 09:00 PM

1,201 posts, read 801,817 times
theplu - Thank you for the info and your words of encouragement. I really appreciate it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or