U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 05:41 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,667,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
This isn't uncommon on C-D in general, as you'll get posters posting the same or similar posts in different areas.

There have also been thoughts about the C-D forums in regards to there being paid posters, its political slant and being infiltrated by hate/supremacist groups. Here's an example of a thread where this has been mentioned: Does City-Data have a political slant? This is a part of the reason that nothing on here surprises me at all.
I was banned a while back for making a pro-liberal comment. The thread was closed and I can't find it but they banned me for a week.

Even the thread you posted was closed for no legitimate reason. Its one of the reasons I don't post much here anymore. Mods close certain threads for no reason, but then leave threads with personal attacks to sit out there for days on end.

Regarding Victor, I found it to be one of the nicest parts of NYS. I actually have some interest in moving there myself, if I was able to find the right job and be indoors. I can't see anyone not really liking the area, unless they despise snow and/or NY govt. Rochester in general was a surprisingly nice area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2015, 06:20 PM

56,341 posts, read 80,600,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
I was banned a while back for making a pro-liberal comment. The thread was closed and I can't find it but they banned me for a week.

Even the thread you posted was closed for no legitimate reason. Its one of the reasons I don't post much here anymore. Mods close certain threads for no reason, but then leave threads with personal attacks to sit out there for days on end.

Regarding Victor, I found it to be one of the nicest parts of NYS. I actually have some interest in moving there myself, if I was able to find the right job and be indoors. I can't see anyone not really liking the area, unless they despise snow and/or NY govt. Rochester in general was a surprisingly nice area.
I'm not surprised. I was banned myself not to long ago for using a site I've referenced many times on here. So, like I mentioned before, nothing surprises me on here anymore.

Victor is quite nice......

Old 12-28-2015, 06:35 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,667,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagineskyscrapers View Post
C-D is a perfect example of Stratton Oakmont v. Prodigy. It's a bunch of Polish losers working for a corporation out of Chicago. They feel they are being safe but they employ a stock of idiots that are too dumb to make decisions on their own. No matter what I think of Rochester, we can all agree, this site is idiotic.
I didn't know anything about all of that. I used to enjoy the site a lot more back in the day. I feel like it has become much too many personal attacks instead of respectful disagreements. I have found myself going down that road too much, as people have attacked me as well. The relationship forum is the worst. My goodness, you could just say hello to everyone and someone will tell you to drop dead. Its too bad it has to be that way.

Lets just be cool. We're all people with problems of our own and real lives. Daily struggles, illnesses, money issues, etc. Life is hard enough. I've made the resolution to not go down that road anymore.

Old 12-28-2015, 07:29 PM

1,502 posts, read 1,328,520 times
This huge sports complex recently opened in Victor-- Pinnacle Athletic.

Old 12-28-2015, 07:34 PM

295 posts, read 214,498 times
Quote:
I didn't know anything about all of that. I used to enjoy the site a lot more back in the day. I feel like it has become much too many personal attacks instead of respectful disagreements. I have found myself going down that road too much, as people have attacked me as well. The relationship forum is the worst. My goodness, you could just say hello to everyone and someone will tell you to drop dead. Its too bad it has to be that way.

Lets just be cool. We're all people with problems of our own and real lives. Daily struggles, illnesses, money issues, etc. Life is hard enough. I've made the resolution to not go down that road anymore.
You're definitely correct. Despite people believing I am a troll, I was actually banned before because of North vs. South arguments in the national forum. It's all odd. People cannot express their opinions without getting rejected for fear of a mod trying to save a lawsuit. I can't blame them for anything, but really? REALLY?

Old 12-28-2015, 07:53 PM

1,206 posts, read 906,977 times
Quote:

You might be interested in this new distribution FedEx is opening up in Farmington. I'm not sure which type of work you are looking for but this will probably end up creating quite a few jobs. Farmington is right next to Victor too:

Residents poised for FedEx jobs at new Farmington plant

Quote:
Construction continues on a 225,000 square-feet FedEx Ground distribution center in Farmington, Ontario County, as residents await word on what opportunities the new plant will bring to the community.

The center plans to open in July 2016...

Though initial estimates had the company adding 450 to 500 new jobs, FedEx Ground spokesman David Westrick said that exact staffing needs have not been determined. However, he noted that a major reason Farmington was chosen for the site was the wealth of willing workers on hand.

“The site was chosen because of its ease of access to major highways, proximity to customers’ distribution centers,” Westrick said, “but also because of the strong, local community workforce for recruiting employees.”

According to the Ontario County Office of Economic Development, Ontario County’s population reached 110,000 in 2010 and household income has increased 34 percent in the past 10 years. Forty percent of its labor force is between the ages of 25 and 54.

“We are all glad that the facility is opening here,” said Jackie Pafias, 36, of Collett Woods. “There will be more job opportunities, and more money made by surrounding businesses, and that is always welcome. There are still people in this area having trouble finding work, and this gives us optimism.”

About Ontario County

According to ACT Rochester, an initiative of the Rochester Area Community Foundation, Ontario County’s population increased 9 percent from 2000 to 2013. Ontario County is one of only two counties in the region to boast significant population growth. It also has the highest median income and home values in the region, along with strong job growth.

Overall, jobs in Ontario grew 12 percent over the decade, above the region and state. The number of jobs in the Professional and Business Services sector more than doubled between 2000 and 2013.

Ontario County experienced significant population growth over the decade, while most of the region had a steady or declining population. With just over 100,000 residents in 2000, Ontario County grew by 8.9 percent to 109,000 residents in 2013. This growth in population surpassed the growth rate of the region (1.7 percent) and the state (3.6 percent).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or