U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Unread 03-06-2008, 12:36 PM
 
Location: Baltimore, MD
897 posts, read 1,509,066 times
Reputation: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by rochacha View Post
I cannot agree enough. For example, you are constantly quoting how the area has lost or barely gained jobs since 2001 (I believe it was called 9/11), while if you compared since 2004, the numbers show significant growth.

Is Shibanu Japanese for Paul Krugman?
You obviously have Know clue about this matter. First to educate you. Shiba Inu mean Small Dog in Japanese. It is a dog breed that I own. Second I use 2000-2001 data because it is the Highest Employement record(peak). You want to use 2004 numbers to say you are improving. Yes it is improving but it is still in the negatives from the peak.

Last edited by shibainu; 03-06-2008 at 01:08 PM..

 
Unread 03-06-2008, 12:44 PM
 
Location: Baltimore, MD
897 posts, read 1,509,066 times
Reputation: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'minformed2 View Post
I think it's Japanese for " I'm unhappy with living in Rochester so I'm going to spend a lot of time finding stats to make it look bad on an internet forum".
Great joke....I find it funny that it takes 5 of you to beat me up about this issue because I have a different view point.If I am complete wrong than why don't you prove it with data or am I to trust that you know it all.Oh,the stats take 5 mins to find and any person can read them. It is all public records.

Last edited by shibainu; 03-06-2008 at 01:30 PM..
 
Unread 03-06-2008, 12:53 PM
 
3,235 posts, read 4,546,464 times
Reputation: 2510
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibainu View Post
Again you never back your counter point with data. It is always your opinion. Well your opinion I am sorry is not the truth. Your opinions has more spin in it than any argument I have used with data.
HEY GARMIN WHY DON'T SHOW ME I AM WRONG WITH FACTS?
Several times in the past I have provided facts and numbers regarding employment numbers and population numbers. For the most part its hard to counter your "facts" with data because much of the time your posts contain incorrect numbers and partial numbers that don't paint a whole picture. Once I can spend less time pointing out mistakes and half truths, I can provide more information. A counter argument first needs a solid foundation to argue off of.
 
Unread 03-06-2008, 01:13 PM
 
Location: Baltimore, MD
897 posts, read 1,509,066 times
Reputation: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by garmin239 View Post
Several times in the past I have provided facts and numbers regarding employment numbers and population numbers. For the most part its hard to counter your "facts" with data because much of the time your posts contain incorrect numbers and partial numbers that don't paint a whole picture. Once I can spend less time pointing out mistakes and half truths, I can provide more information. A counter argument first needs a solid foundation to argue off of.
Okay than explain this. Private sector jobs in (peak) 2000 annual were 453k and in 2007 were 435k. In Jan they were 426k. So explain what is happening?
 
Unread 03-06-2008, 01:26 PM
 
Location: Baltimore, MD
897 posts, read 1,509,066 times
Reputation: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by rochacha View Post
I cannot agree enough. For example, you are constantly quoting how the area has lost or barely gained jobs since 2001 (I believe it was called 9/11), while if you compared since 2004, the numbers show significant growth.

Is Shibanu Japanese for Paul Krugman?
So your correct from 2004 to 2007 there is job growth. In 2004 private sector jobs were 431k and 2007 it was 435k. That would average 1,333 jobs a year or 111 jobs a month. Now Rochacha please explain to the public if this is good or bad?

(Oh, a side note Jan 2008 jobs in private sector is 426k. I did not use that number because typically Jan month their is a contraction in jobs.)
 
Unread 03-06-2008, 01:31 PM
 
5,265 posts, read 9,446,996 times
Reputation: 3956
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibainu View Post
Again you never back your counter point with data. It is always your opinion. Well your opinion I am sorry is not the truth. Your opinions has more spin in it than any argument I have used with data.
HEY GARMIN WHY DON'T SHOW ME I AM WRONG WITH FACTS?

He's not saying you are wrong with your "Facts" he says you spin the data and usually exaggerate it and insinuate your idea that everything shows that Rochester is bad and blah blah blah. And he's right. Look at the latest example of this, how you said "the temperature is below feezing 39% of the year in Rochester". Which after several people said was false and you revised your analysis of the numbers a few times, ended up going down to 26.
 
Unread 03-06-2008, 01:36 PM
 
5,265 posts, read 9,446,996 times
Reputation: 3956
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibainu View Post
You obviously have Know clue about this matter. First to educate you. Shiba Inu mean Small Dog in Japanese. It is a dog breed that I own. Second I use 2000-2001 data because it is the Highest Employement record(peak). You want to use 2004 numbers to say you are improving. Yes it is improving but it is still in the negatives from the peak.
As long as we are educating one another here....you used "know" when you should have used "no".
 
Unread 03-06-2008, 01:49 PM
 
3,235 posts, read 4,546,464 times
Reputation: 2510
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibainu View Post
Okay than explain this. Private sector jobs in (peak) 2000 annual were 453k and in 2007 were 435k. In Jan they were 426k. So explain what is happening?

This is what I am talking about. You are picking and choosing data. You only include private sector jobs when there are a number of public sector jobs also. Then try to compare 2000, 2007 and one month from 2008. Data from two whole years can not be compared to data from one month of this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top